Starting to Really Dislike Evernote

I have been using Evernote for a few years on my desktop, iPad, laptop and Galaxy S3 cell phone. It has served me well. Recently my cell phone died and I needed to upgrade. I upgraded to the Galaxy Note 4. I had downloaded and installed Evernote to my old S3 and set it to sync notes on all my devices (username: sxxxxxx, full name: Rev.Michael L. Burns, Account Type: Evernote Basic, Email: xxxxxxx@charter.net). My new Galaxy Note 4 phone comes pre-installed with Evernote and customized for the Galaxy Note 4. It uses my Google Account information. There appears to be no login and no way to change it. Is it possible to:

·         Change the Galaxy Note to use my current notes and notebooks associated with my current Account information (username: sxxxxr, full name: Rev.Michael L. Burns, Account Type: Evernote Basic, Email: xxxxxx@charter.net).

·         If not, is it possible to  copy my Notebooks and notes over to my account associated with the Galaxy Note 4? I think the information should be something like: (username: sxxxx, full name: Rev.Michael L. Burns, Account Type: Evernote Basic, Email: xxxxx@gmail.com ). I am asking to do this Temporally until I verify it works everywhere and the I wish to eliminate the xxxxxx@charter.net.

Numerous attempts to contact Evernote. No Luck.

Rev, Michael  L. Burns

It's been a while since I owned an Android, but can you check under "Accounts" under your phone settings and see if there is way to change the login information there, as opposed to in the app?

If that does not work, you can always export all the notes from the account you don't want to use anymore, then import them into the account you want to keep. 

• Level 5*

Wow - first recommendation:  take your personal user name and password details out of the post!  This is a public forum and you're leaving chunks of your login details out there for anyone to see...

Second.  Samsung have a funny way of loading their version of Evernote onto their Notes.  It doesn't appear on the main home page,  but in a Galaxy special folder;  and it's not uninstallable - though in all other ways it seems to be the 'normal' Evernote app.  Having two accounts is not a problem - just share your notebooks on the Free account with your Galaxy account so you can see and edit your notes.  If you wish to copy the notes from one account to the other,  you should be able to do so.  If you open the accounts on a desktop (the same usernames and passwords will apply here in a desktop browser - https://www.evernote.com/Login.action

If you have desktop access you can also export all the notes from the free account and import them into the Galaxy account.  Check back with us if you wish to do that though,  as there will be some more detailed instructions as to how to do it.

If your Galaxy version came with a free premium membership you can also raise this with Evernote support - choose the appropriate option in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

-or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Archived