Feature Request: Dedicated Chrome App and keyboard shortcuts

Neil Hansen

Idea

Evernote has become my second brain, and I rely on it daily to manage my GTD system. I love the desktop app for Mac OS; the keyboard shortcuts are very well thought-out and it makes it very quick to manage hundreds of notes.

I've recently switched much of my work over to a Chromebook, and it's been really disappointing to try and use the Evernote Chrome Web app. It's clearly just a port of the Android software. I know there's been a couple feature requests so far for better Chrome support, but I just wanted to voice my support here again. Chrome OS is very much a growing platform and I hope that Evernote starts to take it seriously.

As a second note, I would love to see keyboard shortcuts make their way to the web version of Evernote. I love the web app's minimalist interface. It's great for writing in a clean environment, but it's a pain to manage notes. Being able to select multiple notes and use keyboard shortcuts to tag them or move them between notebooks would make the web app so much more efficient.

I hope these features are coming soon! If Evernote is already working on any of these, I hope someone can let us know here on the forums to put my mind at ease.

2 replies to this idea

Evernote has become my second brain, and I rely on it daily to manage my GTD system. I love the desktop app for Mac OS; the keyboard shortcuts are very well thought-out and it makes it very quick to manage hundreds of notes.

I've recently switched much of my work over to a Chromebook, and it's been really disappointing to try and use the Evernote Chrome Web app. It's clearly just a port of the Android software. I know there's been a couple feature requests so far for better Chrome support, but I just wanted to voice my support here again. Chrome OS is very much a growing platform and I hope that Evernote starts to take it seriously.

As a second note, I would love to see keyboard shortcuts make their way to the web version of Evernote. I love the web app's minimalist interface. It's great for writing in a clean environment, but it's a pain to manage notes. Being able to select multiple notes and use keyboard shortcuts to tag them or move them between notebooks would make the web app so much more efficient.

I hope these features are coming soon! If Evernote is already working on any of these, I hope someone can let us know here on the forums to put my mind at ease.

Hi Neil, 

Have you tried this app yet? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/evernote/dhfolfjkgpeaojbiicgheljefkfbbfkc?hl=en-US As for keyboard shortcuts, we've received many requests for this and are taking it into consideration as we continue to improve the Beta. Thanks for the feedback and participating in the forums. 

Nancy 

Archived