Lost complete contents of a note.

I have lost the entire contents of a note I was writing. The note itself is still present but I have no content. The note was written on my iphone as I am travelling away from home and my computer.

I have checked for solutions on safari but have only been able to find ones that are a couple of years old and assume that the problems referred to there would now have been fixed by evernote.

The problem occurred when I was positioning the cursor to correct a typo.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as the note cannot be replaced.

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's possible that you inadvertently selected the contents of the note and pressed 'delete' or 'spacebar' to empty it out.  If you see that happen at the time it's possible (if you're quick) to stop the note syncing and then recover an earlier part of the content from another copy of Evernote on another device.  Many devices have an 'Undo' command which could help - but the iPhone isn't great in that respect.  If the note has synced to the server though,  you've lost the content on all connected devices;  Note History is a premium feature which allows users to step a note back to a previous version,  but the content has to be synced for some hours to be backed up from the server.  I'm afraid the content is likely lost without trace...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi i hv similiar problem my notes since 2014 now is dissapear, its possible to find it again as many data there, pls help

Hi.  See comments above.  Check the Trash folder too,  and since you've had these notes for some time,  you would be able to use Note History if you upgrade to premium - even for a short while...

• Level 5*

If the note still exists you can go to history to see what is there before the upgrade to premium.  If the note was deleted History will not help.  For the note just go to Info - View History and see what you get.

Archived