pictures dont show. question mark instead

I've got a problem with pictures. I think it's been happening since a long time ago through all the platforms. As before, now in my Mac and in the web I have two notes where I've pasted a picture and Evernote saved the thumbnail of the pic but fails to recover the picture itself. What can I do? Why this happens so much?

Regards

Luis

• Level 5*

Hi.  Two notes with missing pictures doesn't sound like a lot - were these notes clipped from web pages?  Sometimes content is protected or sourced from somewhere else and only a thumbnail can be captured from the web page,  or the image might have been corrupted in some way after capture,  or uses a file type that Evernote doesn't recognise.  Try going back to the URL recorded in the note and re-clipping the page.  Agreed if this happens more often and with non-clipped notes there may be a problem - what version of EN Mac do you have,  and does the picture appear blank in both desktop and web version?

Hi, No it isn't only two. As I said I suffer these kind of thinks since I've started using evernote couple of years ago. And using any of the platforms (I used all during these years). The problem is that in this case I can't get into the original. It wasnt a web page. its an design proposal I receive and stored in evernote there were no access/private issues here just corruption I think, I just paste image.

I rely heavily on EN to save all my data but if it starts to lost my information ...

The note seems corrupted in Web, ios and Mac. Last version.

Big lost :/

• Level 5*

Hi.  Two notes with missing pictures doesn't sound like a lot - were these notes clipped from web pages?  Sometimes content is protected or sourced from somewhere else and only a thumbnail can be captured from the web page, . . .

@Gaz:  Since you don't use EN Mac or a Mac, I can see how it is hard for you to give reliable advice about EN Mac specific issues.

The thumbnail that Evernote displays in the Snippet view comes from an image in the Note.  You are making wild guesses that are not helpful.

Your opinion of what is "a lot" is irrelevant.  If it is an important image to the user. even once is too often.  Sometimes images are irreplaceable.

@iboisset:

I also have occasionally observed the behavior you are describing.  I believe it is a bug, with the thumbnail process being able to access an image in the Note, but the Note editor is unable to access it or display it properly.  The only work-around I have found for this is to recopy the image and paste into the Note again.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

• Level 5*

Would you look at that - I fumbled my way to pretty much the same advice - the bug report would have been my next suggestion too in light of the OP's actual comments...

Try going back to the URL recorded in the note and re-clipping the page.  Agreed if this happens more often and with non-clipped notes there may be a problem...

recopy the image and paste into the Note again... Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket....
  • Level 5*

Would you look at that - I fumbled my way to pretty much the same advice

Exactly.  Since you don't have any experience using EN Mac, all you can do is wildly guess.  Experience in EN Win does NOT always translate to EN Mac.  Sometimes guesses are right, sometimes wrong.  That's OK if it is for yourself, but not wise for giving advice to others.  Why bother?

• 10 months later...

Archived