!@#$% hyperlink keeps coming back

In one of my notes I have the word "tonight". It keeps getting hyperlinked on my iphone. I couldn't get the link removed on the phone. I finally managed it (after way more work than it should be, stupid interface) on my PC. It keeps coming back on the phone. Really damned annoying.

I'm not editing the note, just opening it to read.

Please tell me there's a way to fix this and how to do it for once and all.

This is iOS's data detectors at work, this is not something built into Evernote. I believe that a developer (e.g., Evernote) can forbid iOS from using data detectors in an application, but I don't think developers can have a toggle for a user. Since the data detectors are likely very helpful for many users (I personally use them regularly!) they've chosen to keep it enabled. 

It's worth noting that this isn't something embedded in the note contents itself, that is, it's not the same as if you bolded/italicized/changed the colour of/manually hyperlinked text. This is more like an "overlay" imposed by iOS, much like how clicking an address or phone number in a webpage on your iPhone allows you to show a map or call that number. The website doesn't actually contain a link, its the OS detecting something that resembles a phone number/tracking number/address/date and overlaying something actionable onto it. 

Is there a reason that the "hyperlinked" text (it's not hyperlinked, exactly, but is does appear that way) is intrusive? 

Thanks for the explanation, Scott. Yes, having unwanted links applied to my text is intrusive. If there's no means for removing it permanently, however, there's probably nothing to be gained by going into details.

Is there a reason that the "hyperlinked" text (it's not hyperlinked, exactly, but is does appear that way) is intrusive? 

I suppose you can take some comfort in knowing that your actual text isn't being modified at all, so if, for example, you were to export that text to a different format, or copy and paste that text, the "hyperlink" isn't going with it (though iOS might detect the "data" in the new exported document and highlight it again!). 

Archived