"Upload Monthly Quota" Incorrect

JimmyBoy

Idea

Mac says I have used 21.9MB, web app says 49.6MB.

This is quite a substantial discrepancy if you are a free user with only 60MB upload. I have been paying close attention to my upload quota, and was surprised when the web clipper told me I was nearing my limit with only 25% left, but mac was telling me I had only used 21%

I have given the app about 3 days to see if this figure is updated, but so far it has not.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  All desktop and mobile devices 'estimate' your usage based on their individual uploads and any outstanding items in the Trash notebook,  plus unsynced notes.  The only 'final' word in the web app when you log in via a browser here:  https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action

Whatever that shows is where your uploading stops - you might want to empty your Trash notebook(s) online and on desktop,  and look into Local (unsynced) Notebooks which are ideal for temporary storage of additional notes if you get close to the limit.

Take my advice and DO NOT exceed your upload allowance - I've done so a couple of times,  and there are always tears.  :mellow:

It is incorrect on my Mac-version too (I use the latest Mac-version). Evernote Mac says I have used 201.4 kb of 60 MB, with 28 days to go. However, Evernote Windows (latest version) en Evernote web do tell the same tale: 29 MB of 60 MB with 28 days to go :)

This be worth checking into?

• Level 5*

It is incorrect on my Mac-version too (I use the latest Mac-version). Evernote Mac says I have used 201.4 kb of 60 MB, with 28 days to go. However, Evernote Windows (latest version) en Evernote web do tell the same tale: 29 MB of 60 MB with 28 days to go :)

This be worth checking into?

No.  Go by the EN Web figure and check again after the limit resets to see if all the numbers then agree...

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Try adding a new note on the web and then sync Web and Mac (in that order) to check whether the note appears on your Mac.  If not,  your problems are related to syncing or a 'stuck' note somewhere.  Check for any notes with conflicting changes,  and empty the trash on both Web and Mac.  If your upload quota is still 'stuck' you may need to completely remove and reinstall/ rebuild your EN Mac and all its associated data - which is a major exercise.  You can find instructions how to do that around the forums here,  but I'd strongly recommend that you submit an 'account access' support request by choosing "login/account access issue" in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

-or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps

If you have any local notebooks,  or unsynced notes,  uninstalling everything may cause you to lose data - so check everything twice and backup carefully before you take any action!

Adding notes to Evernote Web or adding notes via webclipper and then syncing to Evernote Mac works: the notes appear. But the upload limit doesn't update in Evernote Mac in those cases. It only updates if I create a note in Evernote Mac itself and sync it. 

Evernote Web and Evernote Windows adjust the upload limit immediately after syncing: wether I added a note in web or in Evernote Windows, wether I am syncing notes to be up-to-date with notes,.. etc. etc.

• Level 5*

OK - back to a complete uninstall and reinstall to reset the counter on this.  Do try the support request first though please - it shouldn't be necessary to reinstall to get the counter to work.

Archived