Swipes and Evernote Business: Business Productivity at Its Best

Swipes is a task-manager with a built-in productivity system that changes the way you manage your tasks.

It can be used by production companies that keep templates of procedures to be followed. Swipes simply adds a layer of tasks to the flexibility and agility of Evernote that can be applied to any industry and small business.

Achieving more in your work with Swipes and Evernote Business

The integration solves the problem of losing your tasks in notes and forgetting important deadlines. By adding a ’swipes’ tag to a note, it’s automatically turned it into a task. Its check marks are displayed as actions steps for you, which makes it easier to complete them. For more on that, check out the full tutorial for Swipes with Evernote.

So how can you apply this in, say, your real estate business?

Many companies are using Evernote as a way to keep track of their contacts and clients. In the case of real estate, it’s often used to manage properties. Your notebook is likely to consist of notes named after the addresses of the properties you’re managing. Within the note, you can add a checklist with all the tasks that need to be done every time the property is rented out. You can use this as your knowledge base and reuse the template.

If you are currently working with the property, you add a ’swipes’ tag, receive it as a task and start working on the different action steps, along with your other to-dos. The static information is turned into an activate plan of to-dos.

You can set the task as recurring every month or year. Once the checklist is completed and the property is rented out, you can swipe it as done. And a next task will be scheduled for the recurring period with reset check boxes.

Your colleagues who are part of the notebook will also receive the note and see the progress you’re making. The knowledge base gets constantly expanded, while the actionable steps are used by each team member whenever they need them. Soon Swipes will offer a handy task delegation feature too, which would allow you to directly assign steps of the task to different team members.
  • 7 months later...

Mitko, thanks for providing this.  I just became aware of Swipes this week, and am considering using it. 

First, a question: if I enable integration, does Swipes have access to my entire Evernote notes, or just those with the "Swipes" tag?  I'm concerned about data security...

(I've been using Evernote increasingly for a few years now, and use a form of GTD/TSW (within Evernote) for todo tracking.  It's working okay at best, and Swipes-Evernote integration seems like an improvement.)  Looking forward to an answer!

Archived