Hi All

I recently noticed the note count on my ipad was different to that on the web and the windows app.

Being as sad as I am ( and able to as I dont have that many notes) i compared the number of notes it says there are in each notebook on the ipad to the web.  Now there is only one notebook that is different however the total note number is now over 40 out.  I know in itself its not a particular issue its just I dont know whether my Ipad is upto date if the number never changes!

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Level 5*

The only Notes that would not show up in a count on other devices are Notes in a Local Notebook.

The obvious thing to do is to manually sync your iPad, and recheck the counts.

Perhaps you could post the versions of Evernote and OS, along with the count on each, then we could offer more help.

I don't have any local notebooks.

Let's ignore the 1 out.

So on iPad each notebook has a note total and these agree to the note total in each notebook on web or windows app. BUT the note total if I look at the "main screen" where it shows number of notebooks and notes this does not agree.

My iPad "notes" number shows 581. My web and windows total shows 622. If I add the note totals from each notebook on iPad it adds to 622. So it is simply the number against the "notes" heading which is incorrect.

As far as I know I have the latest version of Evernote on everything. iPad is running latest version of iOS and computer is windows 7.

So I suppose there is actually no relevance to web or windows as it is amp,y a difference between the overall nite total and the nite total per notebook in iOS.

Thanks

• Level 5*

@donnydl:

There is definitely something wrong on your iPad.  The Notes Total should equal to the sum of counts of the NBs.

You might try this:
  1. Manually sync your iPad
  2. Confirm that all Notes on your iPad are also in the EN Web client at Evernote.com
    STOP HERE if you cannot confirm
  3. Kill the Evernote app on your iPad
  4. Restart your iPad
  5. Open Evernote on your iPad
  6. IF the EN iPad Note count is still incorrect then:
    1. Delete the EN iPad app
    2. Restart your iPad
    3. Download/install the EN iPad app
    4. Open EN iPad and allow it time to fully sync
    5. Check Note count

Sorry bit dim here....."manually sync". Do you just mean press the circle arrows or is it more complex than that?

If you mean press circle arrows done that lots.

Have also killed app, not sure if killed and restarted.

The rest would definately gave to wait until tomorrow when I have more brain power but gave just double checked adding up the note total per notebook and this does not come to the notes total.

Thanks again

• Level 5*

I haven't checked in a while, but in the past I consistently had note totals that did not match across Web, PC and iDevices.  Even had instances on the web where the total by the notebook name did not match the total in the bottom right when the notebook was selected.  A couple of times I found notes that hadn't synched, but more often than not the reporting of note counts on the web was just wrong. 

So you may chase your tail trying to reconcile.  However to JM's post., since Windows and Web agree it is most likely an iPad issue.  If sync doesn't work, deleting and readding the app on the iPad should work.  You can also try adding a tag like Help.Me to all notes on the Windows PC and sync everything.  This may force the missing notes to the iPad.  Then check the tag count on all platforms.  FWIW.

Yes i have definately manually synced many times then to with no joy.

If its something that has happened to other people in the past as annoying as it is I might just leave it then as I could just end up making the reinstall the app a regular occurence......

My computer, tablet and mobile are synced (many times)

But I have - 8 in the _inbox in my mobile (4 in reality) Does it mean that I have a note-debt? ;)

The computer and the tablet has the correct numbers right now, but maybe not tomorrow.

And then it's 137 more notebooks... :D

post-222013-0-44460000-1432429050_thumb.

• Level 5*

OK that's officially strange.  Provided your note totals for the account are correct,  and you can see your 4 notes in that notebook,  it doesn't seem worth doing a full reinstall;  but it's certainly worth keeping an eye on the numbers... also I'd suggest worth a Tweet to @Evernotehelps sending the URL of this discussion as background...

OK that's officially strange.  Provided your note totals for the account are correct,  and you can see your 4 notes in that notebook,  it doesn't seem worth doing a full reinstall;  but it's certainly worth keeping an eye on the numbers... also I'd suggest worth a Tweet to @Evernotehelps sending the URL of this discussion as background...

It was 3 in the box, but it says 4 on the top... :wacko:

I discovered it the first time a year ago. And the record i -26 i December, (and not degree cold, Celsius)

I realize that the note-count it's not so reliable.

Zero-inbox before bed is nice, but minus...

I'm going to tweet the account later.

And some hour later

https://twitter.com/MorticiaB/status/603006939405144064

From my mail to support:

I tried creating a new inbox, move the notes and delete the old in January. I worked for a couple of days 
But since then all versions been updated, more then once. 
Done it again tonight. And the old was it contains -13 when it's empty. And now it's gone. Hope for very long time.

I hope this will last very long...

Archived