Faults in the latest Evernote

I'm looking for an alternative to Evernote.  The latest version has let me down so badly.  Notes which I have viewed on and off for years have disappeared.  It doesn't run well on Windows 7. You can't create a new stack.  The whole thing has been a disaster.  Does anyone know a better alternative to Evernote?

• Level 5*

I have no problems running it on Windows 7. I suggest troubleshooting your problems before you give up completely! Reinstall Evernote, reboot your computer, and see if that helps. Troubleshoot your network connection and make sure that's running fine. Et cetera.

• Level 5*

The latest version has let me down so badly.  Notes which I have viewed on and off for years have disappeared.  It doesn't run well on Windows 7. You can't create a new stack.  The whole thing has been a disaster. 

First of all, from my own experience, and the reports of many others here, it seems to me that Evernote runs better on Win7 than any other version of Windows.

Second, I certainly understand how losing EN Notes can be a very serious issue.  So let's deal with this issue first.

See if you can view your "lost" Notes using the EN Web client at Evernote.com.

Chances are that an Evernote update, or something else, is preventing you from viewing your Notes in EN Win.

If you find your Notes using EN Web, then a clean reinstall of EN Win might be indicated, since you say you have already tried a normal reinstall and that did not resolve your issues.

Procedure for Clean Reinstall of Evernote Windows Using Revo

1. Make sure you have a full backup locally of your Evernote folder/database before proceeding.

2. IF you have any Local Notebooks, or unsynced Notes, you MUST export them to ENEX files BEFORE proceeding.
  3. Uninstall EN Win using Revo Uninstaller Pro (often recommended by EN Support)
    1. This will cause you to lose all EN customizations you have made
  4. Restart your PC, and redownload and install EN Win
  5. Import any ENEX files you have after the install has completed.  

Archived