Search for exact string made up of stop words (not Mac specific)

This is a general problem with Evernote, but I'm forced to put it under a specific OS. 

Search is getting better but still not quite there. You can now put strings in quotation marks to match them as a unit - "new york" will not match "new" or "york" in isolation. That's great. But if you search for other strings, say "for of" or "while in", then it reverts to the old behaviour - it returns matches for "for" and "of" in isolation, making the search useless since pretty much every note will have those words.

I am guessing the search has a list of "stop words" it ignores - that's all well and good, but if I go to the trouble of putting them in quotation marks, it means they are important to me and shouldn't be ignored. The same holds for punctuation - if I put it in quotation marks, it is important and shouldn't be ignored.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Unfortunately, the Search engine can yield different results on different devices.  This is a major BUG IMO, and has been reported for several years now.

But in your specific case, I'm sure it would be helpful to the EN developers if you would provide the following info for each device that has this issue:

• Evernote version
  • OS version

You might also want to file a formal bug report:

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

• 3 months later...

This is driving me crazy. Time and time again i cannot find something later turns out to be there because Evernote is not letting me do a text seach.

I have a note  on the clojure language. I hit Cmd+F to search WITHIN the note for string "#(" (with or without quotes) and Evernote is tell me that it's not there.

This is a TOTAL fail for an app that is supposed to help me keep TEXT NOTES!

Please add this option - a magic keyword and checkbox, any UI will work.

Archived