how to put recorded video clip into Evernote on iPhone

Hi all

I have a movie clip on iPhone that i want to put into Evernote.

It is too big to email it.

I can create a new note from the existing photo albums but the video does not appear there so i cannot select it.

How do i do this?

• Level 5*

If your movie is too big to email,  it might take a while to sync back to the server as part of the note.  I'd suggest you create the new note and sync the phone via Wifi.  If you can move the file to a desktop over wired connection,  you'll be able to deal with it more easily...

• Level 5*

When you have the video visible on your iPhone do you have the square box with the up arrow in the lower left corner?  If you do, press it and see if the EN icon is there.  If it is press it and see if it copies the video to EN.

• Level 5*

When you have the video visible on your iPhone do you have the square box with the up arrow in the lower left corner?  If you do, press it and see if the EN icon is there.  If it is press it and see if it copies the video to EN.

Unfortunately, since Evernote does not have a video attachment feature, it does not support sharing of videos from other apps, like you iPhoto app.  Evernote is not a choice in sharing videos.

@Matzeball:

One way I have found to get iPhone videos into Evernote is to use a 3rd party app on your iPhone and Mac or PC that will connect to your iPhone via wi-fi and transfer the videos (or photos).  I have used "WiFI Transfer" and "Photo Transfer" apps.  Both work well.

Thank you for your quick answers.

I installed "Simple Transfer" version 4.1 and after quite a struggle i got it working (HAD to restart the router for some reason).

This solved the issue of getting the video into evernote for me.

The little sharing icon at the bottom left does not show any Evernote option.

I found an even better solution i think by installing DROPBOX on my iphone and selected to sync all photos and videos.

Now i should have them available everywhere (i hope the big video will get there eventually... stil syncing).

• Level 5*

I found an even better solution i think by installing DROPBOX on my iphone and selected to sync all photos and videos.

Now i should have them available everywhere (i hope the big video will get there eventually... stil syncing).

That's a great idea!  Much simpler that using the transfer apps.

Don't know why I didn't think of that.

Archived