"Can't connect to server. Please try again later."

CatinCA

I had an older version of Windows-based Evernote.  For some reason it said it was having trouble syncing, even when I entered the correct password.  Then I signed out of one account to access a different one.  Every time I tried to sign in it came up with this error message: "Can't connect to server. Please check your internet connection and try again."  I was connected to the internet just fine, Evernote was the only program saying there was a problem. 

I thought it might be a problem with the older version, so I uninstalled the older version and installed the newest version.  I attempted to sign in again, but it only said "Can't connect to server. Please try again later." again.  I have not been able to log in on the Windows program.  However I can log in just fine on the website and on my Android phone. 

Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Starting from the basics - can you log into your account via a desktop browser here ? - https://www.evernote.com/Login.action

If you can see all your notes,  you'll at least be able to use that route while you try to get the desktop up and running.  Do you recall what version of Evernote you were running before this happened?  How old was 'old'?

• Level 5*

Thank you for the reply.  I tried that solution, but it did not work.  I am running Windows Vista, service pack 2.  I also did not have the TLS 1.1 or 1.2, just 1.0.

If you have applied the SSL changes, then you will need to look elsewhere.

Some ideas:

1. Restart your PC
  2. Confirm good Internet access with Speedtest.net
  3. Install latest version of MS Internet Explorer
  4. Make sure all of your Windows security updates have been applied
  5. Identify changes that might affect your computer since the last time Evernote was working correctly
    1. Changes to a firewall or router
    2. Changes in your ISP
    3. Changes in your network
    4. Software added or changed on your PC

Archived