Multiple users accessing and saving a Word Doc

Hi all,

My team and I recently started using Evernote business and are having some trouble with documents we save to a note. When I create a Word doc and then save it to a note, another team member sometimes needs to edit or add to it. They can click on the document and edit it, but when they save it, it seems to be saving to their computer and not back to Evernote. I thought hitting save automatically saved the changes to the document and within Evernote, but it seems that they have to delete the doc I created from the note and then save the version of the doc they created back to the note. This is getting frustrating as each person has to download, save, and then reattach the document each time to the note. Are we missing something, or is this the only way to do it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Level 5*

Sounds like you may be using the web client? If you are then you will need to download a copy each time.

If you use the Windows or Mac client then you should be able to edit the version that is in the note.

• Level 5*

OK, well you should be able to open the document from inside Evernote (just double click on it), make your edits and then save it. The version in the note is updated at this point and there's no need to download anything. If this isn't working you should open a support ticket.

Archived