Creating secondary default notebook for forwarded emails

Hello all.

It would be great if we had the ability to specify a folder (other than our default) for forwarded emails to be received in. As far as I can tell this is not currently possible, correct? All forwarded emails arrive in our default Evernote notbook?

- lerawk

post-225317-0-03127100-1431630906_thumb.

Notes emailed in will go into your default notebook... unless you specify in the subject line of your email an alternative notebook by using the syntax, @"your notebook here". You may also specify tags using the # sign. 

If you're clipping your emails via the Chrome Web clipper extension, you also get to specify a destination notebook and include tags.

Non time-specific Reminders may also be created by appending an "!" to the end of  the subject line of an outgoing email. Additionally, one can include a time-specific Reminder after an email has been clipped via the web clipper in the final dialogue box.

If I have a notebook entilled Email then I can simply place @Email in the subject of my email forward? I've tried this here a few times and it isn't working yet for me. Still sends the forwarded email to my default notebook.

Does the @"your notebook here" line need to replace the entire Subject of the email?

- lerawk

If I have a notebook entilled Email then I can simply place @Email in the subject of my email forward? I've tried this here a few times and it isn't working yet for me. Still sends the forwarded email to my default notebook.

Does the @"your notebook here" line need to replace the entire Subject of the email?

- lerawk

https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2010/03/16/emailing-into-evernote-just-got-better/

That post gives one the basics. It does not mention appending to an existing note and adding a reminder to the note via the subject line... but it's a starting place. 

Nope... you simply add the @Notebook to the end of the subject line (which becomes the title of your note)

• Level 5*

Try a text expander software, PhaseExpress or the like.  You can create a hotkey to add your email address at that point.  Ctrl-Win-M in my case.  FWIW.

Archived