How can I add a "scannable" pdf to an existing note

I took a note in a meeting in Evernote. At the end of the meeting I got some documents. I used Scannable to scan these to pdfs and wish to export to Evernote.

In my iphone how can I add the pdfs to the note of the meeting that I already took?

Thanks a lot.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Can't help you much with Scannable,  other than to highlight

Getting started - https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/105432586

If you don't find any other option,  just save your documents to separate notes as individual PDFs and connect them with comon tags or titles.  If you prefer you can merge the notes together later.

This isn't possible at the moment. You'll have to add the scannable scan as a separate note and use the web or desktop application to merge or just drag the attachment to the other note. 

On your phone: Possibly you could take the scannable scan, add it as an attachment to a new note, select the attachment in the note body, copy it, and paste it into your meeting notes note. Then delete the now-superfluous scannable scan note you just copied the attachment from. 

• Level 5*

I took a note in a meeting in Evernote. At the end of the meeting I got some documents. I used Scannable to scan these to pdfs and wish to export to Evernote.

In my iphone how can I add the pdfs to the note of the meeting that I already took?

Thanks a lot.

Since Scannable allows you to put the PDF in an EN Note, one option is to then create a local Note link to this PDF Note, and paste into the meeting note(s):

1. Open the PDF Note in Evernote
  2. Tap on the More (• • •) button at the bottom right of the screen
  3. Tap on SHARE
  4. Tap on COPY LINK
  5. Tap on PRIVATE LINK
  6. This puts the link on the clipboard
  7. Open the meeting note (or any note that you want a link to the PDF in)
  8. In the body of the Note, double-tap, and select  PASTE
  9. This will paste a link to the PDF note, showing the Title of the PDF note.

Be sure to SYNC and SYNC often.

Thank all for your suggestion.

I see it's better to merge the note and the pdfs later by desktop application, or copy the note's contents and paste to the pdf note.

Just wish to have an option in Scannable like "choose where to export the pdfs".

Archived