Weird Scroll-down When I hit "Enter"

zpm24

Idea

Quick question that I need some help on. When I'm in the evernote app on my MacBook Pro, if the workplace page is full of text, every time I hit the "enter" or "tab" button, it automatically scrolls the whole page down. If I'm typing a lot of bullet points, it quickly scrolls all the text down so that I'm typing on the very bottom of the screen. My computer crashed so I had to download the latest version, but I never had this happen with the older version. Any advice on how to stop it or is anyone experiencing this? It's not a huge deal, but it can get rather annoying if you're typing a decent bit, especially in bullet points. I've tried looking in all of the settings and preferences and kind find anything related to scrolling or hitting "enter." Thanks for any help.

5 replies to this idea

Hi.  Known issue,  fixed (I believe) in the latest version.  Have you updated recently?

Yes I have, I'm on 6.0.11 which it says is the most recent version.  I'm on the "Basic" platform, and using OSX Mavericks, not sure if that has anything to do with it though.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Known issue,  fixed (I believe) in the latest version.  Have you updated recently?

It is a known bug, but has NOT been fixed in the latest production version, 6.0.11.

Gaz, isn't it tough to give reliable advice on EN Mac since you don't use it?

Evernote claims it is fixed in 6.0.12 Beta 1, but since this is beta, you could be trading one fix for another bug.

There is a workaround:  Press RETURN with the cursor to the left of one or more characters.  I just use a period (".") at the end of the line, and hit RETURN before the period.  This seems to work well.

• Level 5*

Gee JM - so I was correct and the issues was said to be fixed,  but even so I'm still wrong to comment as a mere Windows user?  Don't know if your post is meant to be humerous joshing with a Windows user or not,  but it comes across as just plain rude - maybe it's that whole "US - UK divided by a common language" thing.  

@zpm - if you do want to look at it,  the beta download was here - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/84104-evernote-for-mac-6012-beta-1-released/ - but from comments over the past several hours, it looks as  though

1. it may have been pulled by now,  and
  2. JM was right to advise caution  :angry: - it's not house-broken yet!

Thanks though to user @Ipuerto for the workaround - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/83774-return-key-causes-page-to-scroll-down/?p=358172 - that's another ongoing thread you might like to watch.

Archived