Evernote Sunrise reminders on iCal?

purdisc

Hello 3P EN Forum

I want to be able to create a reminder in Evernote and have it show up in iCal in a Sunrise calendar. Any ideas anyone?...

From time to time I revisit the issue of the lack of sync between Evernote reminders and an actual calendar.

On my last effort I decided to give Sunrise a go.

It works beautifully re putting Evernote reminders into its calendar. You can actually edit the Evernote in Sunrise and it syncs perfectly.

However, the downside of Sunrise is that it only works off-line on a Chrome extension. As I'm only using Safari I'm stuck with the web/on-line version. I use iCal for my main calendar mainly because it's an off-line OS X app.

I've tried working with Event Noted and it goes up to an extent but let's face it, it's a hassle: tagging, then typing the date and time out. Also, no 2 way sync between reminders edited in iCal.

Is there any way that I can get the Evernote reminders that appear in Sunrise to pop up in iCal. I've tried everything I can think of and although it seems like it should work, it doesn't. iCloud sync is not the same as iCal sync. I believe the Evernote/Sunrise link is creating Reminders which afaik are only available on iOS.

...better still, anyone at EN going to come clean on if and where addressing the infamous missing calendar is on the roadmap?

Best Regards

JohnP

• Level 5*

Hi.  AFAIK Sunrise is the closest you'll get to integration.  There are various 'to-do' apps (see the Market for ideas) - https://www.evernote.com/market

It's a matter of personal choice how you deal with reminders - I'm still with changing the 'created date' of my note to the date of an event,  and sorting the list in that order.  I save those notes in the notebook that's marked 'offline searchable' in my Android mobile,  so I always have a handy list.  (Sorry Evernote Reminders team :P)

(I also have a couple of huge laptop-only project calendars and spreadsheets about which the less said the better!)

As to the 'Evernote Calendar' issue - I'm still trying to get over the shock of the one roadmap announcement I've ever seen in the history of Evernote - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/84005-regarding-scannable-and-android/#entry358481

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It sounds like our new Evernote Calendar Connector would give you what you need. It's recently been added to the App Center and it works behind the scenes to keep your Evernote reminders in sync with your calendar service. Thus you don't have to be using a special client to see them.

Wow! Thank you for this functionality. I was using Sunrise Calendar just for this feature but have always preferred the native Apple Calendar. This is fantastic for me - nice work!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 15. Juli 2015 at 1:07 PM, adambird said:

It sounds like our new Evernote Calendar Connector would give you what you need. It's recently been added to the App Center and it works behind the scenes to keep your Evernote reminders in sync with your calendar service. Thus you don't have to be using a special client to see them.

Thank you, adambird,

Crony seems to work together with the Evernote events. I'm really very happy about.

Archived