Moving notes to notebooks within Penultimate

MikekiM

I resisted the update to Penultimate and then, with a moment of careless thought, updated my iPad.  No going back so I need to do some cleanup within Penultimate.

I see notebooks from the old Penultimate are now all Notes in the root Penultimate folder.  I want create Notebooks in Penultimate and move my old Notes to the appropriate Notebook for better organization.  I don't see a Move function.  When long press an existing Note I can Delete, Edit the name or launch the IOS Share dialog.

How do I move existing Notes to new Notebooks withing Penultimate?

To be clear, I know I can move Notes to different Evernote Notebooks using the web app.  That's not what I want to do.  I want to create Notebooks withing Penultimate.  It appears I can create a new Notebook in Penultimate using the icon on the opening page in Penultimate..  Once I do that, how do I move Notes between the Penultimate Notebooks?

In addition, once Penultimate syncs back to Evernote, the note page preview is first page of the note while in Penultimate it is the last, most recognizable and for me, most useful and desirable preview.  Can I control what page of a note is used as the preview in Evernote?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So guys, this is a real major problem for me. Once a note is made in a notebook I can not move it. After the update I have lost the overview and my notes end up in chaos. I need a way to sort, organze and move my notes within the notebooks.

So guys, this is a real major problem for me. Once a note is made in a notebook I can not move it. After the update I have lost the overview and my notes end up in chaos. I need a way to sort, organze and move my notes within the notebooks.

Time to ditch my Premium account. 

It's ridiculous that this type of update would be deemed acceptable and more so that there is no support for remedy...

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem

when I updated Penultimate my notes got, more or less randomly reassigned.

further, when I make notes on a new case I would like to then move the notes to my new case number.  Cannot seem to do that.

e.g, noteslabeled with date of creation. Then I decide to take the case.  I give it a case number, say 16-010.  I would like to either copy my time based notes to my new penultimate file with a case number. 

Cannot figure out how..

It took me a while to figure it out but it's easier than you think. 

Once your notes have been uploaded into Evernote from Penultimate, move your notes to a specific notebook on Evernote and the move will be reflected in Penultimate automatically. This is extra simple and can be done on another device like a Mac or PC. Fortunately, after almost one year of messing around with that app, penultimate is back and is once more my favourite app (I keep all my notes in there, it has replaced my old Moleskine)

Oh my..  it was that easy?

Somewhere along the line it was suggested that changes to the notebooks via Evernote was a no-no.. or maybe I had tried it and got an error message that made me run for safety.  

In any event, this works perfectly!  I've now cleaned up my Notebooks and Notes.  Next project will be to migrate notes I've made elsewhere back into Penultimate & Evernote.

3 hours ago, MikekiM said:

Oh my..  it was that easy?

Somewhere along the line it was suggested that changes to the notebooks via Evernote was a no-no.. or maybe I had tried it and got an error message that made me run for safety.  

In any event, this works perfectly!  I've now cleaned up my Notebooks and Notes.  Next project will be to migrate notes I've made elsewhere back into Penultimate & Evernote.

I have no idea when they did implement that feature but as you say it works perfectly. 

The early version of the overhaul of Penultimate were really really bad, now it's almost back to normal, barring a few annoying bugs and the Jotscript stylus which never worked for me.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived