Start icon dissappears on upgrade

Whenever a new upgrade have been installed, I found myself lacking the Evernote icon on my Windows 8(.1) Start screen.

It's not that big of a deal, but I wonder why you choose to delete it? It's the same path to the exe after the upgrade, so I can't see the purpose of deleting while upgrading.

• Level 5*

Hi.  That's been reported many times and was (allegedly) fixed in a recent Windows update.  Are you on the most up to date version?  Try uninstalling Evernote completely and reinstalling from a new download - backup your database folder first,  just in case.  (That's a good idea as an ongoing protection too.)

If this recurs at the next update I'd suggest you submit a bug report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.
  • 4 weeks later...

It just happened again, with the 5.8.8.7837 upgrade. I really can't see the point in uninstalling, 'cause that will surely remove the icon. But you mean uninstall and reinstall now, and wait for another upgrade perhaps?

(And also, there's no "report a bug..." on the support page you linked to. I get to select product and platform, then I'm supposed to start describing my problem in the two last textboxes.)

• Level 5*

I'm thinking that the last update didn't complete fully,  so missed adding the icon;  and maybe a complete uninstall / reinstall will restore it.  There've been two versions of the last GA release in a few days,  so you should have a new version by now...

And I'm not sure what's going on with the page;  the link is correct - if you can find your way through to submitting a ticket fine - if not,  maybe try the Twitter option @Evernotehelps and link back to this discussion. 

Archived