Easy books won't save to Evernote

JAMESTE

I have been using Evernote to file my accounting reports from Easybooks. Mostly The reports are small but once a year I need to file the Audit report which is relatively large, (but less than 1mb I think). I have found it will not save as one file, I have to split it into two six months files and then it saves fine as two reports. Is this correct? Is there some limit on file size. I know I am well below the I GB allowance for the basic free package. Any help appreciated? James.

• Level 5*

Sadly Evernote has never had a 1GB limit for free - it's currently 60MB and has been for a while.  See https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23258452

Having said which:  1MB is still a long way short of 60MB - unless you've already used up a lot of your current allowance.  Though two files shouldn't then upload either.  Confusing.

If you save the complete file to your desktop,  what is the actual total size?  What sort of error(s) do you see when you try to save it in one go?

Hi, Thanks for your response.

I use an accounts app called Easybooks on my Ipad. You can send reports to Evernote if that is also an app on the laptop, You can also email reports as attachments, which I have done and the report is now on my laptop and looks fine with no errors. The size is shown as 1mb.

When I try to save to Evernote I tap the Evernote icon and then a window pops up with the report on it and the option to save. When I do this it appears to start to save and then the window just dissappears but when opening Evernote the report is not there. I followed exactly the same procedure with the half files and everything looked just the same and the files then appear in evernote!? 

Any ideas?

• Level 5*

Are you opening the note in Evernote Web or the installed desktop/ laptop version?  Once you've added a big file you need to allow it to sync with the server before it'll appear on the web,  and even if it's saved direct to the desktop/ laptop version,  the new note will be syncing to the server,  so make take a while to show the shiny new content.  It could just be a big file thing.  Try adding the file to a note before you have coffee (or lunch) and then check back on it when you get back.

Thanks,

I am using an ipad app for both Easybooks and Evernote on the same ipad.

Surely if it is just a time thing then the attempts I have already made last night would by now have appeared in evernote?

In any case I have just tried it again. When you touch the evernote icon on the save options, a small Evernote window pops up in the screen, and the name of the report appears, you touch the word save, and a winder appears for a few seconds and then a small image of the file with a black part across the bottom flashes up briefly, before the Evernote window dissappears altogether. I left it five mins and checked - no report in Evernote!

Regards, James.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  It does sound as if something bad is happening.  On an iPad you'll have some limitations on storage space - do you have a way to check Evernote.com via a browser and see what's being synced to the server?

Thanks, are you suggesting that the files may be being synced to the Evernote server, but then because of limitations on the iPad are then unable sync back to Evernote app on it? I can look at Evernote.com on my laptop and presumably log in there. I am not sure how to "see what is being synced to the server", but will have a look. Regards, James.

• Level 5*

Hi James - yes,  the idea was to log in via a browser and see what had actually made it back to Evernote Web.  That way you can check whether this is a problem on the capture side,  or whether it's an issue with the display of a note that has been synced correctly.

Hi, I did look at Evernote via the web on my laptop and the large reports had not uploaded to the Evernote server.

So I looked again at the saving process in Easybooks and have noticed that there are in fact two icons available during the saving process, one says just "Evernote", and the other " open in Evernote". When I use the former the big reports will not save, when I use the  latter there is no problem with saving the big reports! I do not recall there being two options previously but perhaps there has been an automatic software upload and without realising I started to use the new option.

Anyway problem seems to be solved as long as I remember to use the correct icon.

Thanks for your advice an interest in this problem, Regards, James.

Archived