Sync problem on new installation

cucca

Idea

I'm using evernote on several devices (imac, pc, iphone, web and ipad) and all are synced correctly. Today due to a moving house in the next months i've installed evernote on my macbook pro, but one of my notebook is not complete... in this notebook i have 13 notes, and in my macbook, i see only 4 notes, while online or on mobile devices i see them all... 

I first tried the evernote version on the apple store, and when i discovered the issue, i removed and install the web site version (6.0.11) but the issue has not solved... What can i do?

thanx in advance!

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

It sounds like there may some issue in downloading some Notes to your MBP.  You might check the EN Mac Activity Log on your MBP to see if there are any clues.  Do a manual sync on your MBP, and then view the log.

i've tryed to look in the log, that's what i see:

2015/05/04 18:09:06:518 I|*   -[ENSyncEngine _syncStarted]  | Sync started.

2015/05/04 18:09:06:518 I|*   __80-[ENSyncEngine syncIgnoringNetworkPreference:forcingAuthRefresh:localChangeIds:]_block_invoke  | Contacting Evernote server...
2015/05/04 18:09:06:518 I|*   -[ENSyncEngine _synchronizeAccountsWithIds:processServerChanges:processLocalChanges:]  | Synchronizing personal account...
2015/05/04 18:09:06:518 I|*   __31-[ENSyncEngine serverSyncState]_block_invoke  | sessionCount=0
2015/05/04 18:09:06:731 I|*   -[ENSyncEngine isFullSyncRequiredWithServerWithServerSyncState:]  |   current update count: 8384
2015/05/04 18:09:06:737 I|*   -[ENSyncEngine _synchronizeAccountsWithIds:processServerChanges:processLocalChanges:]  | Synchronizing shared notes
2015/05/04 18:09:06:741 I|*   -[ENAccountContext syncEngineDidStop:]  | 
2015/05/04 18:09:06:741 I|*   -[ENCacheManager startWithBackground:]  | self=<ENCacheManager: 0x60000034d1b0>
2015/05/04 18:09:06:743 I|*   -[ENSyncEngine _syncStoppedWithErrors:]  | Sync complete. No errors.

it seems to be all right... but the notes are still missing... I've also tried to sync with an other internet connection, faster, but nothing changed... the problem it's only on this machine...

• Level 5*
@cucca:

You might try this:
  1. Open the EN Web client at Evernote.com
  2. Edit the Note(s) in question that are not syncing down to EN Mac.
  3. Add a new Note for testing sync.
  4. Refresh the Browser web page and confirm your changes
  5. Open EN Mac and do a manual sync.
  6. Check for your updated and new Notes.
  7. If not there, view the Activity Log again for clues.

If you are unable to resolve your issue:

Since you have already tried a normal reinstall, you might try a clean reinstall:

See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

Of course you can Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

@cucca:

You might try this:
  1. Open the EN Web client at Evernote.com
  2. Edit the Note(s) in question that are not syncing down to EN Mac.
  3. Add a new Note for testing sync.
  4. Refresh the Browser web page and confirm your changes
  5. Open EN Mac and do a manual sync.
  6. Check for your updated and new Notes.
  7. If not there, view the Activity Log again for clues.

thank you! In this way, i been able to have the missing notes in my new EN installation... next days i'll check if the sync issue has been solved or not :)

thanx a lot for your help!

Archived