Feature Request: Archiving

Hi,

Very soon, I will be starting a new school year, and for next year I do not want to have all of my notes from this year clutter up my Evernote workspace. Every time I search for something, I do not want to have to see all of my stuff from last year pop up. Is there any solution for this? I was thinking that there should either be away to create a stack and put all of my stacks from last year into it, or at least have some sort of archiving feature. As of now, I think my only option is to just create a new Evernote account for a new year: something obviously that has many drawback. 

Anyways, please let me know if you have any suggestion

• Level 5*

Hi.  You don't need to feature-request an archive,  you've already touched on the two obvious options - 

• open a second account to store your old (or your new) notes,  and just share a notebook between that and the other account so you can easily move notes between the two if/ when you need to do so;  or
  • create an Archive notebook stack in the existing account and store your old notebooks there.  Use the search term stack: to search within your current notebooks,  effectively excluding the archive.
  • Option C would be to export old notes to ENEX files and store them separately on your computer.

• create an Archive notebook stack in the existing account and store your old notebooks there.  Use the search term stack: to search within your current notebooks,  effectively excluding the archive.

In order to do this option, wouldn't I have to delete all of the stacks that I currently have?

• Level 5*

In order to do this option, wouldn't I have to delete all of the stacks that I currently have?

Yes,  but depending on how complex your structure is,  there may be ways around it - worst case,  add another tag to all notes in all notebooks in one stack of "S-<stackname>"

Archived