What happened to the business card scan option in Evernote?

rumbled

A few days ago I was able to scan a business card into Evernote through the Evernote app.  Now it doesn't seem to be an option.  What happened to that function?  And why can't I find the LinkedIn functionality that used to be there?

• Level 5*

I can still find the LinkedIn connection in Settings > Camera > Business Cards and I can still choose 'Business cards' as a camera option.  I can't seem to save a card scan though,  and the LinkedIn connection doesn't.  There have been a ton of follow-up releases on recent updates;  I suggest you submit a bug report on this.  You won't get any follow-up,  but it does mean that the devs will take a look at your situation and (maybe) fix it in a future release...

submit a bug/ lost data report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

I can see the option to save as business card, but cannot find the note/card once saved.

Anyway, unless there is a way to add details to Contacts, the function is pretty useless. I'm not interested in Linkedin

• Level 5*

Once you've scanned a card you should see an option to save to contacts and - if you've connected your account to LinkedIn - the option to look up that contact.  That's a premium subscriber option,  unless you're using the scannable app.

Once you've scanned a card you should see an option to save to contacts and - if you've connected your account to LinkedIn - the option to look up that contact.  That's a premium subscriber option,  unless you're using the scannable app.

thanks, it worked once then not after that, its not so straight forward.

I don't see any place in Evernote to "scan" a card any more.  My only option is to click on Photos and take an ordinary picture of the card.  I'm a premium subscriber.

• Level 5*

?? If you open the Evernote camera directly or from a note,  you should see the Post It / Document / Business card / Camera options at the bottom of the screen.  The 'specials' are premium user options.  If you're premium and not seeing these,  I'd suggest you uninstall,  redownload the latest version and reinstall the app;  and if that doesn't work,  submit a support request by choosing the appropriate option in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Archived