I'm glad to see the new options of EN Basic, Plus and Premium.

I've been a Premium user for some years but now have an opportunity to downgrade to Plus and still have EN do all I need.

Nice to have choices, and to save money too.

Annotating PDFs is a biggie for me, so sticking with Premium is essential. Just make sure the features you are used to are covered in the Plus plan:

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23258452

Also keep in mind that the difference between Premium and Plus is about 50 cents a week. 

Yes, true, whereas I rarely do that, and I other other apps that will annotate pdfs on the odd occasion I need to. 

If you have PDF-XChange Viewer (free app) installed you can annotate your PDFs too but in many more ways than EN does, OCR them even in different languages & much more. It is by far superior to Adobe's Acrobat Reader.

I am very happy with the app.

Annotating PDFs is a biggie for me, so sticking with Premium is essential. Just make sure the features you are used to are covered in the Plus plan:

Also keep in mind that the difference between Premium and Plus is about 50 cents a week. 

If you have PDF-XChange Viewer (free app) installed you can annotate your PDFs too but in many more ways than EN does, OCR them even in different languages & much more. It is by far superior to Adobe's Acrobat Reader.

I am very happy with the app.

Annotating PDFs is one of the biggies for me. Just an example. For a number of features/ capabilities that would be rescinded in a downgrade, there would be an app or piece of software that could substitute those. The thing I wanted to highlight was that one should be sure that any feature one has become comfortable with in Evernote is not pulled when one downgrades to Plus.

I fully understand your point. But consider this: some people may need to downgrade for financial reasons. Reducing their cost by 50 cents/week might not seem like a lot to you, but for some it may well be. My point is: if you have to/want to downgrade, it does not necessarily mean you lose a certain EN functionality altogether, there may be a good 3rd party alternative. And since you mentioned PDF annotation as an example, I expanded on it. 's all ;)

Annotating PDFs is one of the biggies for me. Just an example. For a number of features/ capabilities that would be rescinded in a downgrade, there would be an app or piece of software that could substitute those. The thing I wanted to highlight was that one should be sure that any feature one has become comfortable with in Evernote is not pulled when one downgrades to Plus.

OK well I gave in....the 50 cents a day isn't so bad now the Australian dollar is better, however it's still 63 cents AU.

I've upgraded back to Premium, I still don't need many of the Premium features, some, like Chat I cannot even see the point of. I do use EN a lot, it has taken over all my work and project planning, worksheets on each job I do, pricing, everything I used to use paper for. I've saved hundred of dollars in printing of custom worksheet books, filing cabinets ...I could go on.

so it's not quite a draw :)

So... I was fine with the new plans but this morning I was surprised to find my account deactivated from premium (old) to a basic account.  I don't have the time to go see if what I was paying before was comparable to the new premium rate, but I did read somewhere yesterday that users would be grandfathered into the new accounts if there was a big price change.  

Here I am willing to re-purchase premium, but I can't help but feel I was swindled out of some grandfathered package.  Perhaps this is absolutely not the intent of Evernote, but it does smell fishy. 

• Level 5*

IMO, Evernote Premium is easily worth $5/month.  For many of us, that's just one beer (at a bar) or two cups of Starbucks coffee (which I don't drink), or one MacMeal, or . . .

• Level 5*

So... I was fine with the new plans but this morning I was surprised to find my account deactivated from premium (old) to a basic account.  I don't have the time to go see if what I was paying before was comparable to the new premium rate, but I did read somewhere yesterday that users would be grandfathered into the new accounts if there was a big price change.  

Here I am willing to re-purchase premium, but I can't help but feel I was swindled out of some grandfathered package.  Perhaps this is absolutely not the intent of Evernote, but it does smell fishy. 

Are you on a mac? Make sure you are on the most recent version - the .11 release, there was a bug in .10 that didn't show the user's premium level. Or just log out and log back in.

It's amazing how quickly people are willing to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon..

Archived