Downloading app onto company PC

Do I need to have Evernote Business to download Evernote to my company PC (windows)? I know it can technically be downloaded, but are there any licensing issues associated with that? I am currently a basic user. We cannot find any language in the licensing explicitly prohibiting it, nor allowing it. Curious what the community thinks.... the web-app is not nearly as friendly as the desktop version.

God bless!

JordanM

• Level 5*

Hi.  Don't worry about it from Evernote's point of view - you can download and install any of the products on your work computer.  If you're new to this,  I'd start with the free version and work up from there.  The downsides are from your personal security point of view.  If you store your personal database on a work computer you do run the risk that your notes will be visible to a co-worker using the same machine - they'll certainly be visible to your work IT person or department.  The suggested option is to use one free account at work,  and your personal account at home,  and to share a notebook from each account to the other.  Keep your work notes on the work account and your personal notes on the other,  and if you're at work and need to add or edit a personal note,  share it back to your home account.

• Level 5*

Do I need to have Evernote Business to download Evernote to my company PC (windows)? I know it can technically be downloaded, but are there any licensing issues associated with that? I am currently a basic user. We cannot find any language in the licensing explicitly prohibiting it, nor allowing it. Curious what the community thinks.... the web-app is not nearly as friendly as the desktop version.

God bless!

JordanM

I don't believe there are any Evernote licensing issues to download any of their apps.

However, if you think your company might benefit from Evernote Business, then you may want to consult with your supervisor or the IT dept in your company.  Evernote Business is quite a bit more expensive than EN Plus or EN Premium, and requires one person at your company to act as the Evernote administrator, and pay the fee.

If this is for your personal use, you may want to start with Evernote Basic.

See Comparison of EN Account Types

Archived