adding recipes not on Evernote

• Level 5*

Hi.  You can add anything and everything that's not on Evernote to your account.  Try sharing the content you want to save into Evernote,  or copy/ paste if you're dealing with smaller amounts of text on a big enough screen..

Evernote "Food" (iPhone/ iPad) is a great app. I believe you can save recipes from there to your Evernote account. 

https://evernote.com/food/

The web clipper browser extension on desktop is quite robust with lots of options to clip recipes to your account... however, on mobile device, you may not get the format you want clipped to your account, especially on your iPhone. Another great option for iOS is to use the free "Dolphin" browser. They have a built-in clip to Evernote utility where you can choose full page or article clipping. 

• Level 5*

I am a new Evernote member. Can I add recipes to my account that I've sourced from the internet generally, not through Evernote? And if so, how? I have an iPhone/iPad. 

Thank you! 

Using EN iOS, you can capture any web page in Safari (and now Chrome I think) by tapping the SHARE icon in Safari, and selecting Evernote.

But if you have a lot of existing files that you'd like to put into Evernote, you will probably find this best done in EN Win or EN Mac, where you can import files and attach files to Notes.

For more info, google "evernote import".

Only thing about clipping via Dolphin on iOS is that you will be torn between which browser to use when. It depends whether you want more flexibility with your clipping or perhaps the familiarity of your go-to browser. If you can get comfortable with Dolphin, it may just grow on you. You  might want to tinker with the "Gesture" feature... as well as a heck of a useful feature: pushing a web page to one of your other devices, i.e. you can push a web page within Dolphin on iPhone to your iPad or Desktop... and vice-versa. Incredibly useful when you've seen an article on mobile that you'd like to give some more leg room on iPad or Desktop... or if you are on Desktop, you could push a web page to your mobile device (Dolphin browser extension) if you're heading out or want to copy that URL to WhatsApp or any other mobile-only app. 

You'll get a feel for it in the next couple of days. Personally, Safari on iOS' ecosystem won me over (after having used Dolphin for a year) ... and I figured that I didn't need to do much clipping to Evernote on iOS anyways... and on the rare occasion I would use the relatively new share menu to push pages to Evernote.

Evernote does not seem to come up on my share menu on Safari. Perhaps I need to sync my phone or do an update or something. And I just found that Dolphin worked for one page but not another...not sure why. Was thinking maybe I need the Evernote webclipper? (as you can tell I am not very tech savvy!) 

In the share menu, flip to the far right and hit the 3 dots (more). There you can configure which of your apps you'd like to show in the share menu. 

Archived