EN Scanner scanning photos as documents

Turboshear

• Level 5*

Hi.  Check your settings.  If you can find something about 'multi page' or 'single page',  choose single page for JPG,  multi for PDF.  I don't know about auto detection - are you adding these photos as one stack?  Try splitting them up with different sized pieces of paper to force the scanner to check what it's about to scan each time.  The Evernote Edition Scanner runs on different software (AFAIK) from the standard,  but my SCanSnap S1500 has SCanSnap Manager software that allows me to choose simplex/ duple and scan types from a desktop icon.

Thanks for this advice...as you can see from this screenshot, there's really no setting to force the photo scan. And I did try mixing a document with a photo, and it scans it still as a pdf. I've searched the web and Evernote for 1 hr+ and can't find any documentation on this problem, which is a bummer since I have a lot of photos to scan, and when the Evernote scanner scans a pdf, it uses a different color palette or contrast than it does for photos.

Any other suggestions?

post-256230-0-51189900-1430321765_thumb.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I'd suggest you submit a CS support request by choosing "payment issue" in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

I don't have one of those snazzy scanners to play with so I can't check out any other options...  sorry!   ;)

Archived