Page Up when Press Enter or Backspace key

YNWA

Hi,

I am not sure I this problem was discussed before. I I found myself in a frustrating situation whenever I press the enter key or backspace key, the page scrolls up. It is a very similar problem that most of us faced a couple of years ago in our iPad which is resolved now. 

I have tried deactivating and reactivating, ScreenLock and all other function keys, but the problem still persist. 

Appreciate if someone can share with me how I can get out of this situation. Thanks in advance.

YNWA

• Level 5*

Hi.  I think this behaviour officially qualifies as weird.  

Unless you (or someone with a warped sense of humour) changed the shortcut keys (Tools > Options > Hot Keys) - although there's no specific 'scroll up' key just make sure that Enter and Backspace aren't anywhere in the list...

Failing that you might try uninstall/ reinstall - this 'should' not affect your notes database,  but just in case - 

1. exit Evernote completely (File > Exit)
  2. Find and copy the folder C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases to your desktop
  3. Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall > Evernote
  4. Re-download from Evernote.com
  5. Reinstall
  6. Log in again...

Hi.  I think this behaviour officially qualifies as weird.  

Unless you (or someone with a warped sense of humour) changed the shortcut keys (Tools > Options > Hot Keys) - although there's no specific 'scroll up' key just make sure that Enter and Backspace aren't anywhere in the list...

Failing that you might try uninstall/ reinstall - this 'should' not affect your notes database,  but just in case - 

1. exit Evernote completely (File > Exit)
  2. Find and copy the folder C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases to your desktop
  3. Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall > Evernote
  4. Re-download from Evernote.com
  5. Reinstall
  6. Log in again...

Hi Gazumped,

Thanks for your reply.  In did it is strange. I reinstalled Evernote again...the problem is resolved.

Thanks again ad have a blessed week.

YNWA

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have also been having this problem and it is driving me nuts. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it on my mac, I haven't touched my shortkeys (and wouldn't know how) and so I wonder how to fix it? Any advice would be much much appreciated!

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a Windows thread but the same fix may work for you - except when you reinstalled,  did you use the App Store version again?  Try downloading from Evernote.com (although the app store should have caught up with recent changes by now...)

Archived