Initial impression: more stylish than useful

misterwhipple

Idea

On first viewing, I dislike the web beta. Everything I need to see is hidden behind the ultramodern interface. The old interface, though less stylish, seems far more useful. The point behind Evernote is rapid, convenient access to my notes, and the new interface doesn't provide that.

It's like that Absolutely Fabulous episode where Edina flashes back to visiting ultra-chic friends whose house has no furniture (they're too chic for that). 

2 replies to this idea

Love the reference :-)

... Although, for now, one cans still choose between the old and new beta interfaces. Also, if it is practical/ possible for you, the desktop client is way more robust than the old web client. I do understand, however, that the web client may often be essential for some, depending on the context. Me, myself... I use the desktop client as my workbench for heavy lifting and mobile devices when I'm on the fly... and on occasion, when I want nothing but a blank, full-screen zen-like environment, I might fire up the new web beta, hit F11 and zoom in a couple of notches. I love that syncing happens in real time for all of my writing. Anything other than plain, simple writing... and I'll default back to the desktop client. 

* Hopefully they make it so that we always get to toggle back and forth between the new web beta interface and the old version as we choose... with an accessible button under the Account icon.

Archived