Mistakenly replace the local file when a note does not finish the sync yet

iilaplex

Idea

If there is a note including a pdf file and the note does not finish the sync with other devices yet, when we try to download the attached pdf file to replace a local file with a same name.

Since the note is not synced, the file will not be downloaded, but the local file disappears.

Hope to fix the bug.

Thanks,

iilaplex

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  It sounds like you're concerned with a standard OS process.  If you attempt to attach a PDF file to a note on a local device,  and that file does not sync correctly to the server,  what's in the note is a corrupted or incomplete copy of the original file.  If you then export that corrupted/ incomplete copy onto your hard drive in the same folder as the original file,  the bad copy will overwrite the valid copy and you'll lose the file.  That's basic file management and there's no way to prevent that happening except by downloading the copy note to a different folder or file name.  (If I misunderstood your request please correct me!)

Hi.  It sounds like you're concerned with a standard OS process.  If you attempt to attach a PDF file to a note on a local device,  and that file does not sync correctly to the server,  what's in the note is a corrupted or incomplete copy of the original file.  If you then export that corrupted/ incomplete copy onto your hard drive in the same folder as the original file,  the bad copy will overwrite the valid copy and you'll lose the file.  That's basic file management and there's no way to prevent that happening except by downloading the copy note to a different folder or file name.  (If I misunderstood your request please correct me!)

Maybe, Evernote can do it better. For example, prevent Evernote from showing the download button before the attachment downloaded completely.

Archived