Ewwww YUCK! What have you done? Note Book column width

Help! Please HELP!!!

Hi evernote team

I hope this email finds you alive and well.

I love evernote and tell all that will listen about it and share my tips for power user. 

I have just updated evernote from 5.0.1?? to 5.8.5 (latest) for windows desktop client and now I can not increase the notebook column width as much as I need. 

Half the text is now dots!!!

I use a 24' monitor and when I use evernote at full screen I can widen the column to my desired width, but when I put it back to half screen I loose that width back to dots. I work with half screens, one for evernote it self and the other for the evernote-note that I am working on. 

Is there and about:config setting/page I can access and change a minimal value?

Maybe shirk the notes snippets view?

One of my side projects I run is a marketing data base and with about 300-1200 new contacts per month.

I enter the details in after each call.

I organize them by way of Company (note book stack) / Year and Month(2015 Jan-Dec). And their info - (new paid, non lead, RFI =request further info, etc (notebook)

So my note book stacks looks like this 

Marketing Direct Clients Jan 2015 (notebook stack)

2015 Jan - new paid & booked (notebook)

2015 Jan - new paid & booking needed (notebook)

2015 Jan - invoiced (notebook)

2015 Jan - non lead/finished (notebook)

2015 Jan - RFI (notebook)

Marketing Direct Clients Feb 2015 (notebook stack)

2015 Feb - new paid & booked (notebook)

2015 Feb - new paid & booking needed (notebook)

2015 Feb - invoiced (notebook)

2015 Feb - non lead/finished (notebook)

2015 Feb - RFI (notebook)

Marketing Direct Info (notebook stack)

AA @ Inbox (notebook)

Action list (notebook)

Templates (notebook) = I really LOVE templates

Etc

So my note book name and name list is very long/wide. Now I cant see half the details.

Please help

Should I roll back the version.

I have googled for help, searched the forum and cant find anything. 

Lots of respect

Regan

I have the 5.8.5 version too, and have shortcut to a note title in the left hand column that reads physical exercise 2015 Jan onwards.

This is longer than any of the titles you list above, and I can see the full title of that note in the left-hand column. And I can even increase the width of that column farther so it is not a problem of that column or the Evernote app that you are experiencing.

Try to adjust the widths of the other 2 columns too, in a play with all 3 columns.

Hey Pete

Thanks for your effort.

I have tried mving two columns and they do not move any larger when I use half screen evernote. They do move on full screen evernote, but when I resize it back to half screen they srink back.

cheers

Reagn

I don't know about moving the half the screen size, but from your initial post it does not make sense to take up so much screen real estate for that left hand column. You may not have described your full requirements. All I can say is that AFAIK there aren't any bugs with the EN client about this.

If you are a premium user you can contact EN support by submitting a support ticket and/or starting a live chat session with them. The latter takes place through the web client.

• Level 5*

@Regan,

If you are referencing the Notebook column in List View, I don't see the same behavior.  

If I expand the Notebook column in full screen mode, it stays the same if I toggle back and forth between Full and Half Screen, to the point of some scrolled off to the right.

Actually I see the same behavior for the left panel as well.  I don't know what would be changing the column widths on your EN.

@ Pete

You stated " it does not make sense to take up so much screen real estate for that left hand column"

Umm, I don't follow.

I have a new notebook stack for every month, each stack has several note books that run for that month. I click the note book I want (if I can read it) Press Ctrl+N, then copy and paste my template into it, fill it out. 

If I need to use more space for that note I just double click it and it opens to into its own window.

@ csihilling

If you are referencing the Notebook column in List View, I don't see the same behavior.  

= Yes that is what I am referencing  

If I expand the Notebook column in full screen mode, it stays the same if I toggle back and forth between Full and Half Screen, to the point of some scrolled off to the right.

= thats what it used to do, but after the upgrade it is  no more  

Actually I see the same behavior for the left panel as well.  I don't know what would be changing the column widths on your EN

= Thats why I asked if there was an about:config (like firefox) page I can access to change a default value so it will keep the width I want. Not one that the EN client sets.  

I can't change the notes list width or the note width in half screen either, other wise I would just shrink one of those columns and use the space for the notebook stack

Thanks for the effort people

Respect 

Regan

• Level 5*

I am on 5.8.5.7193 and it is weird that those column widths don't perforrm the same.  Unless there is some registry value that forces fitting the column widths???

Hi All

Thank you for the effort again.

My version of EN is  5.8.5.7193 (latest) on Windows 7.1 

@ Frank.dg

Hi Frank

Here are my screen shots

Full screen EN, 3/4 screen EN, and half screen EN.

As you can see on half screen EN that is as wide as I can get the notebook column and note list column to go. 

@ csihilling

You stated " Unless there is some registry value that forces fitting the column widths???"

Thats what I thought I could change. When I manually shrink the EN screen from full screen to half screen all the columns change in size as I resize.

Like about:config (in fire fox) that lists all the registry values 

@ DutchPete

That was the first thing I tried. Should I try it again?

Roll back a version?

Thanks again for your efforts

Respect 

Regan

post-169676-0-72594500-1430018488_thumb.

post-169676-0-96206800-1430018537_thumb.

post-169676-0-10007100-1430018550_thumb.

@Pete 

I have tried a basic update through EN client = it didn't help

I have downloaded the Evernote_5.8.5.7193.exe

Then did a full un-install using revo un-installer in expert mode

Restated my P.C

Then did a full/fresh installation of the new EN.exe

Then tried to resize the columns.

And NO luck....

Thank you again for your help

Cheers

Regan 

Archived