Ctrl+Backspace and Ctrl+Delete shortcuts — they should be here already!

DesiQ

Ctrl+Backspace and Ctrl+Delete are standard shortcuts in all but the crappiest Windows programs. They delete up to a word boundary, and are therefore very handy when you've made a spelling mistake since it's faster for me to delete the previous word and retype it than it is to hit backspace for n letters and start writing halfway through.

These shortcuts are not in the desktop client, but they should have been from the beginning. Please add them.

Does not work for me either.  I'm on 5.8.5.7193 (275193) Public and Win7-64 SP1.

(I'm having other editor weirdness it might be related to like extra line-feeds before and after copy/pasted text.)

One workaround is to use Ctrl-arrow to move between words.  Add a Shift in there to select.  And then do your delete.

(So to delete to the previous word-boundary: Ctrl-Shift-LeftArrow. Delete.

I'm running 5.8.5.7193 (275193) Public and Win7-64 SP1.

It's strange, but after shutting down and restarting my computer at the end of the past few days, it now works. I can't think of what other software I could have been runnning at the same time that stopped these shortcuts from working, and indeed, the first thing I did before filing this report was quit every other non-Evernote program to make sure that it was a real bug.

Archived