Firefox Web Clipper 6.0.17 beta

jbignert

Idea

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience with some problems in the first version 6.

Here's a new beta version of Web Clipper for Firefox 6.0.26 that should resolve most of the issues found when the new version got approved. 

Fixes:

- We now support Private browsing mode and history setting set to 'Never remember history'.

- Norton antivirus keeps finding native files and flagging it as unsecure. 

- Reduced CPU usage in some cases. 

- Localization problems in Chinese & Japanese.

Get the build here:

https://www.evernote.com/l/AA2zfIXBF0BKobioYm2-ZZ9VvZ-wejI8U5E

Please post feedback here and mention the issue, your FF version, OS version and URL if applicable when reporting problems.

21 replies to this idea

Thank you RichardMahony for posting that 5.9.1 works with current FF.

I've rolled back.

I want the fight-click menu, which is not on the beta. The rest of it is of no use to me.

It appears that Evernote has been taking a page out of Google's book and started fixing things that "ain't broke." Doesn't anyone out there remember the first rule of programming anymore?

Why in the world would you want to make things less convenient? Makes no sense to me.

At this rate, I will have to freeze my ver of both FF and Clipper to maintain functionality.

1. Put the options back on the right-click menu. Make it available in both places, if you like, but I absolutely hate having to click on that toolbar icon. I do not like a cluttered toolbar at all.

2. Put back the option to capture a photo. For what earthly reason did you take that away? That's half my captures.

The webclipper vanished for me after updating to Firefox 39. I tried removing the old, restart, installing the beta, restart. On my Linux-machine the Webclipper worked after that procedure again on my Linux-machine with the webclipper that is available via the Firefox Add-Ons Store, but on my Windows 7-machine it still doesn't work. Not with the beta, nor with the one available via FIrefox.

Firefox 39

Windows 7 64-Bit

Installed add-ons:

DownThemAll

Foxy Proxy Standard

HTTPS-Everywhere

LastPass

Noise Control

Privacy Badger

Pushbullet

Rikaichan

Rikaichan Japanese Names Dictionary File

Rikaichan Japanese-English Dictionary File

Rikaichan Japanese-German Dictionary File

RSS Feed Icon in Navbar

Tab notifier

Todoist

Works fine for me when clipping most of the time, but horribly slows down Firefox after short use. UI becomes dead slow and lagging. This has been the issue for over a year, and of all the Firefox extension this is the only one that does this, come on guys. Can't you write a normal extension like everyone else. It's been over a year. BTW. This has been confirmed by me in previous pots and other people on this forum. Your extension is unusable since it effects Firefox resources so badly. Please fix this ASAP. Thank you.

Still broken in Firefox Developer Edition. With a brief debug session, I got the following stack trace when trying to clip a page:

TypeError: Argument 1 of Document.importNode does not implement interface Node.Stack trace:copyDocumentNode@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/util.js:221:17TransformBuffer.prototype.createElementMapping@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/xslt.js:940:5transform@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/xslt.js:79:3serialize@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/xslt.js:1089:10ArticleSelector.prototype.serialize@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/article.js:1530:1WebClip.prototype.serialize@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://e0b8c461-f8fb-49b4-8373-fe32e9252800/web_clipper/lib/article.js:734:1Handler.prototype.process@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:867:23this.PromiseWalker.walkerLoop@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:746:7this.PromiseWalker.scheduleWalkerLoop/<@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:688:37Promise*this.PromiseWalker.scheduleWalkerLoop@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:688:5this.PromiseWalker.schedulePromise@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:709:7this.PromiseWalker.completePromise@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:671:7notify@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/timers.js:40:9

Still does not display as a toolbar icon or in the right click menu or any where evernote could be used.... :(

Not sure what this beta is supposed to fix because all it did was to continue to make the web clipper completely useless in Firefox. :wacko:

So I rolled back to version 5.9.1 and all is well again in Firefox 28. ;)

Same problem as with 6.0.15 for me. The Evernote button does show much faster, but the browser still stays unresponsive (one CPU core constanlty at 100%) and the memory usage skyrockets. Additionally, as before, using about:memory - the per tab window/event target/event listener are gone - but enabling Evernote stiil causes a massive 5GB heap allocation.

Anonimized memory reports - before enabling Evernote Web Clipper, After enabling Evernote Web Clipper.

Firefox 37.0.2, Linux x64, Evernote Web Clipper 6.0.17, no other extensions enabled.

As I use Evernote extensively in my day to day workflow - missing it is a major pain, so I'll gladly help as much as I can fixing this problem :)

well the beta version didnt work for me either but thanks to Richard M's post

i have followed his tip have found webcliper 5.9.14 and installed that - hey presto my right click menu is back  - 3 cheers

and im still using firefox v 28

hooray at last

am keeping this now

puts you off ever updating things in the future now when problems like this happen

thanks richard m

regards  mandy

Deleted beta, downloaded and installed again, restarted Firefox - and suddenly everything is working! :D

I did what you suggest. The icon didn't show up.

I must to add that since all this problem started some kind of strange advertisement extensions begin to install itself in firefox. Any other person with this problem?

Thanks for posting the beta.

I have downloaded it and tested in 37.0.2 and its works well in Private Browsing.

The only issues I have with it is the right mouse click 'screenshot' function does not appear to work properly. It works okay from the toolbar though.

The other issue is it sometimes takes a long time to take the clip pages (not enough testing though to know if that is a real issue or not).

Attached is a screen shot of what I get from right clicking with screen shot.

post-254537-0-52800200-1429692318_thumb.

Like the last version, it makes Firefox effectively freeze up when I install it. To be more precise, it doesn't freeze up entirely. I can click into a different tab, although it takes a long time, but none of the tabs ever actually load.

Firefox 37.0.1, Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 64-bit

Nope. Sorry. Still doesn't work properly.

1. Firefox Web Clipper 6.0.17 beta does not restore the Evernote right-click functionality (in the drop-down menu) in Firefox 37.0.1. Using Firefox Web Clipper 6.0.17 beta, in the right-click drop-down menu Evernote doesn't appear at all.

2. Firefox Web Clipper 6.0.17 beta does work fine in the Firefox 37.0.1 Toolbar, but only in the Toolbar.

3. Evernote Web Clipper 5.9.1 (released 16 December 2013) works in Firefox 37.0.1 in the Toolbar AND with right-click in the drop-down menu. For the time being, therefore, I have gone back to using Evernote Web Clipper 5.9.1 with Firefox 37.0.1. This is because, for me, Evernote's right-click clip functionality for saving a webpage is the most important aspect of Evernote.

Firefox 37.0.1; Too many add-ons to list; Win 7 Pro 64 SP1; Dell Optiplex 390

Archived