Why does my email inbox column show as To: "Evernote Upload Evernote"?

Seems all of a sudden my AppleMail app lists most of my "To" emails as going to Evernote Upload Evernote.  This is where I would normally expect to see my name in the "To" column for emails sent to me.  Emails sent to others that I have been copied on or included in the list of receivers are not shown but any email sent direct to me shows up in the column view as to: Evernote Upload Evernote.  How do I get back to seeing only my name listed there.  I don't know what caused Evernote to move in on this program.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote doesn't 'move in' on email in that way,  but if your emails are going to your Evernote email address they'll be turning up in your notes,  not going to your intended recipients.  I'd suggest you check your account just in case,  check out the problem by sending a few test emails asking for a simple confirmation,  and maybe uninstall/ reinstall Evernote to see whether that resolved a crossed technical wire somewhere.

Thanks, gazumped. My emails are coming and going. It's taken over every email entry sent directly to me.  It even goes back to emails that predate having installed Evernote on my previous computers. Anything in my Apple Mail program that was addressed to me now shows the "To" as Evernote Upload Evernote.  Anything sent to me and others shows one of those recipients. It never shows my name in the "To" column.  It's taken over both Gmail and iCloud mail.  There are no changes in files in the Evernote program.  I found in my Contacts program that an evernote email address was listed among several that I have. I deleted that reference.  I can't find any profile or settings area in Evernote that might allow me to change a setting related to this.    How do I uninstall Evernote other than delete?  What happens to my notes in Evernote?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote's Knowledge Base will cover the uninstall/ reinstall - https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/24422932 - can't remember if it's said explicitly,  but as long as your notes are synced with Evernote's servers you won't lose any information - just sync your account manually before you uninstall.

I'd suggest you submit a bug report on this  You won't necessarily get any follow-up,  but it does mean that the devs will take a look at your situation and (maybe) do something to resolve it in a future release...

submit a bug/ lost data report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

- if you're a premium or Business user,  you'll also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm weekdays,  PST) 

• 1 month later...

I am having the exact same problem in my apple mail. If you find a solution please let me know. I have not tried to uninstall evernote and reinstall. If you have done this and it worked please let us know. Thanks.

Archived