Not syncing properly on Windows - loses changes almost immediately

mrgjlgx

I'm a longtime Evernote Premium user.  I use it on IOS also.  I have seen this syncing problem before.  On the same PC in the same 5 minutes I have a note that will revert to the prior content - even after it says it successfully syncs!  Another way to state it: Make sure logged off on other devices, may sure Windows 7 Evernote sync'd.  Make a change to a note.  Sync it.  All syncing says it's successfully.  Wait several minutes - it's back to what it was before my changes!  Log in to IOS, sync, it sees the old copy.  Log off of Windows - kill all Evernote processes in the background.  Restart the whole process.  No luck.  No combination of syncing will make new changes stick in this note.  No apparent corruption in this note - it's just a bunch of text.

Currently Evernote 5.8.3 - not the very latest, but I doubt updating will make a difference - I have seen this in the past.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Did you fix this problem when it arose before?  I'd suggest creating a new blank note and copy / pasting the current contents into it.  Then update the new copy note as before and copy the new version into another new note.  Then sync.  Check whether one or more of the copies retains the changes.  I'd guess the new note(s) will work fine - it may be that the original note is compromised in some way and won't update.

It was a long time ago when it happened last - maybe as long as a year.  Currently: After waiting a day and rebooting, it fixed itself - and now syncs as expected.  I don't think there was anything wrong with that particular note because the same problem happened with other existing notes as well.  But there was no problem with new notes then or now.  It certainly seems like something was out of sync with their online database - perhaps it thought that the online version was a newer copy - even though I was updating a local copy.  It's unsettling when something like that happens - because you don't know what you've lost - and this problem did NOT result in entries in the "conflicting notes"/"Imported Notes" section.  Especially upsetting because I meticulously sync everything all the time - in addition to the automatted syncing it does every 15 minutes.  And I only use it on one device at a time to avoid these kinds of conflicts and syncing problems.

• Level 5*

I've not had any specific bad experiences for a long while,  but I still subscribe to a backup plan that gives me copies of recent instances of my database.  Mishaps are always possible when my main data is (effectively) held on someone else's computer,  and I have to rely on my own hardware and network links and various suppliers in between to maintain the connection.  I like having a fallback (or several).

Archived