How to create "classic" links on iOS?

icoco_de

Idea

Usually I want links I've copied and pasted from Evernote to open the note right in the Evernote App on my Mac or iPhone or iPad. 

In this thread I learned about the behavior of "normal" versus "classic" note links on a Mac. However, I wonder how I can get a "classic" note link when I'm on iOS? Often times I want to create a Link and paste it into a n external app like Things or Notes or Fantastical, but then the link fires up Safari and I am forced to authenticate because I don't use Evernote in Safari often.

So, is there a way to create "classic" links from Evernote app on iOS somehow?

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
55 minutes ago, frogdude said:

This would be useful. In IOS we should have: 
Private Link
Public Link
Classic Link

Evernote Developers - can you add this, ASAP please? Ta!

Moved to the feedback forum.  Please indicate your support for this request using the voting buttons in the upper left corner

btw  If you paste the private link into a note, the classic link is pasted.  If you sync, then long press on the link, you are presented with a menu to copy the classic link

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

Moved to the feedback forum

btw  If you paste the link into another note, the classic link is pasted.  If you sync, then long press on the link, you are presented with a menu to copy the classic link

Thanks DTLow, yeah I had tried that - just extra steps. 

Despite having loads of iGadgets, my weapon of choice atm is an iPod Touch. Just running EN and Things. Fewer  disruptions when I go about my day..... and often outside WiFi coverage. 

Hence the Things ->EN connected Classic link without needing the web at times. 

Think there are some work arounds using Launchpad.

Thanks for moving it to Feedback/requests.....

I also need callback-type links (not the slower http type that rely on internet).

DTLow said:

If you paste the link into another note, the classic link is pasted.  If you sync, then long press on the link, you are presented with a menu to copy the classic link

I couldn't make this work on my iOS -- is the advice still current? Could you give a bit more detail?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, greiggy said:

I couldn't make this work on my iOS -- is the advice still current? Could you give a bit more detail?

Obtaining Internal Link

1. Click on the share icon     
  2. Click More sharing options
  3. Click Copy internal link

IMG_2930.jpeg.9fca2ee7856a0412a156b2c6a40e26ab.jpeg   IMG_2929.thumb.jpeg.9da8a2fad4d08c53db380e9db809a1bd.jpeg   263627762_IMG_29312.thumb.jpeg.fea07cd9ffd4315c2a570ac875173337.jpeg

Copying classic link

1. Paste the above internal link into the note
  2. Longpress the pasted link
  3. IMG_2932.jpeg.f234673a898eb1aaf4479eec1bf8cf0f.jpeg

• Like 1

@DTLow: I really appreciate your efforts to make this clear. However, I can't get part 2, "copying classic link", to work. When I paste the "internal link" right into my note as explained in step 1 above, this shows up as the note's title, and I am able to copy the title, but not the link. Long press does nothing. Am I missing something here?

(iPhone Xs/iOS 12.2/Evernote 8.18.1.x, Premium Account)

[UPDATE:] Ah, now I found that I have to get rid of the onscreen keyboard first; then I can do the long press and bring up the share sheet where I can then copy the good old classic link.

Thank you again for your assistance. Evernote should make this process much easier! However I get the impression that they don't want their users to make use of classic links for whatever reason ... 

Edited by icoco_de
Updated