[can I do this with EN?] Display picture when clicking / hovering over text

Hey guys  :)

I want to create a simple list of things I want to do someday.

For example

-visit that yoga workshop on baker street

-check out the music shop on miller street

The thing is: I have flyers (or ads, or articles that I've cut out from magazines) for many of the things I want to do someday. But I don't want to bulk up my list with images/photos/scans/pictures because lists with images are too distracting. I want to keep the list simple, just text. On the other hand it would be cool to have Evernote show me the picture/flyer/photo/scan if I hover over the text (or if I click the text).

Is there an easy way to do this?

I guess I could upload all the photos to an external webspace and then make links out of my text entries, linking each entry to its corresponding photo/scan/flyer, like this:

-visit that yoga workshop on baker street

-check out the music shop on miller street

But that's too much work.

To cut things short: I want a text list. But I want to be able to link a photo/picture to an entry, if I want to.

Is there an easier way? Or maybe a different solution?  :)

• Level 5*

Evernote does NOT seem to support the OnMouseOver method for links, so AFAIK you're only choices now are:

1. Create a link to an external image or web page
  2. Create a link to another EN Note.
  • Level 5*

Actually it's pretty easy to do part of that - create a note for each item,  including a scan or a picture of the item or event,  in a separate notebook.  Once you have a fair number of notes,  Select All in a desktop list view and create a Table of Contents note,  which will give you a link to each individual note.  You won't see a thumbnail picture when you hover over the link,  but you can always open the link to see the full details.  If you look in desktop Snippet view,  you will see a thumbnail of one picture from the note.  You can't choose which one though,  so that's a bit hit and miss.

Thanks guys, I will try both methods!

@ gazumped: hm, that could be a great method, but the problem is: whenever I want to add a new entry to my table of contents (my list), I have to create a new "table of contents" note, right? Or will the "table of contents" note automatically update itself whenever I create a new note in the notebook?

• Level 5*

Well TOCs are static snapshots,  so the content won't refresh if you add new notes,  but it's pretty quick and easy to "select all / create TOC" if you add a lot of new notes,  or Copy Note Link and paste a new line into an existing TOC to update it.  Good luck with the test anyway - let us know what you eventually decide!

Archived