Duplicate Notes - Not Copy to a New Notebook

Hi Guys,

I know there is a feature in the desktop client to copy note to another notebook but I would like an option to copy note within the same notebook (maybe called duplicate note).

The reason for this is that despite the content being different, it would be quicker to duplicate a previous note (in order to get the tags and information filled in) and then simply delete the content and replace it.

It occurs to me this could become an enhancement... you could depreciate the move to notebook option and replace it with a duplicate option.

When you click on duplicate it could pop up a window saying which notebook do you want to copy it to (with the default being the current notebook).

This would offer greater functionality without affecting the original method.

UI would be surprised if this has not already been considdered but I would like to know why you have decided against it if so.

Thanks & regards,

John

• Level 5
"I know there is a feature in the desktop client to copy note to another notebook but I would like an option to copy note within the same notebook (maybe called duplicate note)."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

In the Note List with Evernote Windows, when I right-click on a title, I have an option to "Copy to Notebook".

I can copy the note to the same notebook.

I often do this when I want to copy one of my templates.

Doh! I never even thought of trying to copy to the same workbook!  Thanks jbenson!

Like I said there is likely to be a very good reason why the developers haven't included my desired functionality - such as they already have!

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I am trying to do the same thing - copy notes to use as templates.  When I right-click on notes, or click on the "..." option, the only option I have is to copy the notelink, not the note. I want to copy/duplicate notes when working from my work PC.  Where is this option? Seems like this should be an obvious button or choice, but I for the life of me cannot figure out how to copy/duplicate notes from my computer.

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums! In the Windows Evernote program, when I select a note in the Note List in the center and right-click on it (or use the Note menu), there's a menu option to Duplicate Note. If I select that, it immediately produces a copy of the note in the same notebook, with the word "copy" added to its title. Is this not present for you?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, ALB1980 said:

When I right-click on notes, or click on the "..." option, the only option I have is to copy the notelink, not the note. I want to copy/duplicate notes when working from my work PC.  Where is this option?

In the Windows Evernote client, when you right click on a note in the note list, in the section directly below "Copy note link", you should see entries for "Copy to notebook..." and "Duplicate note".

Hi Guys.  This query was first posted in 2015 and at that time there was no duplicate note button.  With the introduction of the button this issue is completely resolved.  Thanks for your help.

• 2 months later...

No - sorry. I still don't see a duplicate note button, or an option to copy the note itself instead of the notelink. I'm working from Windows/PC platform.  Also, sorry for my delay in responding. I'd gotten so frustrated trying to use this option and create Templates, but when I hit this snag I'd given up trying to use Evernote for a while.

Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction now. I've added a screenshot of what happens when I select "..." and when I right click on a note.

Screenshot 2017-06-01 13.27.30.png

Screenshot 2017-06-01 13.30.29.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, ALB1980 said:

No - sorry. I still don't see a duplicate note button, or an option to copy the note itself instead of the notelink. I'm working from Windows/PC platform.  Also, sorry for my delay in responding. I'd gotten so frustrated trying to use this option and create Templates, but when I hit this snag I'd given up trying to use Evernote for a while.

Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction now. I've added a screenshot of what happens when I select "..." and when I right click on a note.

Your images show you are using the web browser version of EN.  The duplicate function does not exist in the web client, but it does exist in the desktop version.  The desktop version has quite a few other features as well   If you want to use the desktop client you can find it here, click on the "cake" icon ScreenClip.png.cfe94a2c04498b1117675fc1cbab6c2b.png in the upper right of the page.

Archived