export PDF

Mr. H

Idea

Hi!

I have problems when I try to export my note into a pdf on a Mac.

I included a lot of plots as pdfs in my note - some of them are only included as an attachment and some are included so that I can see the plot. Now, when I want to export my note, only one of these pdf-plot is included and the others are represented as an empty area. When I try to save the note as a pdf using the print function all my included pdfs are shown as a links, instead of showing the plots.

Is there any way to export my note with all plots included? Why is it so hard to export my note as a pdf, particularly which looks the same as I see it in Evernote?

Thanks for the help,

Hannes

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Attachments are exactly that:  add-ons to the note's content - so that when you export the note,  all you get is the exported content with links to the attachments.  AFAIK to see the whole thing as one PDF you'd have to export the PDF attachments to files,  merge the note PDF with the attachment PDFs into one file and go from there.  Evernote does offer a limited amount of PDF manipulation,  but it's not a full-featured PDF editor - you'd need Adobe or similar for that...

Thanks! Perhaps I asked it the wrong way. I don't wanna manipulate the pdf.

I attached two exported pdfs. I included 3 pdfs in my note. All 3 pdfs are inserted in the 'View Inline' mode. When I try to export this note, only the first two pdfs are shown and the last one is empty. Only a empty placeholder can be seen between the two last dashed lines. You can see this in the 'Test.pdf' file.

But, when I set the second pdf to 'View As Attachment' and keep the first and last (third) one in the 'View Inline' mode, the exported note ('Test_attachment.pdf') looks fine. I can see the pdf 1 and 3 and the second one is shown as an attachment. 

Is there a certain amount of size which Evernote can handle when exporting the node to a pdf? Why can I see only two of the three included pdfs ('Test.pdf')?

Thanks,

Hannes

Test.pdf

Test_attachment.pdf

• Level 5*

Ah.  Looks like you found your own work-around.   ;)   Can I suggest you submit a bug report on this?  You won't get any follow-up,  but it does mean that the devs will take a look at your situation and (maybe) fix it in a future release...  choose "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

- if you're a premium or Business user,  you'll also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm weekdays,  PST) 

Archived