Why is my Evernote account showing free after I renewed through iTunes?

I renewed Evernote Premium in iTunes on 6 April, but my Evernote account showed as Free. Two days later, after reporting the issue via iTunes the receipt mail shows up. I'd hoped this would be an automated process, but perhaps not. My Evernote account showed as Free.

I submitted a support ticket (1014323) on 8 April, and the auto-reply from Evernote includes instructions for getting your money back from iTunes, so I guess they know renewal via iTunes doesn't really work. As requested in the mail I replied with the iTunes receipt when it arrived.

With no response from Evernote by 14Apr I submitted another ticket (1022236) with the receipt in case that helped. Still no reply, account still shows Free when logging in on the web, etc. I gather the way to get things done is via chat, but "Chat is only available for Evernote Premium and Business users." so no help trying to get recognized as Premium. 

Apple support now suggest they give me a refund and I try to order again. Is this worth trying, or is the process completely broken, in which case this option should be removed from iTunes?

Actually free gives me most of what I need, but I appreciate the stability improvements Evernote have been making, and I'm happy to support them in return for a few things like related notes that I use; but I'm getting rather frustrated after paying for Premium for another year without getting anything!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote CS are normally pretty quick at responding on payment issues - did you choose "payment issue" in the first dropdown after logging in here ? > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

If you can get a refund from Apple I'd suggest renewing via Evernote.com direct.  AFAIK the payment process isn't broken as such,  but the connection back to Evernote does seem awfully noisy on occasion...

I'll flag your earlier ticket for an Admin to look at.

• Ex Employees

Sorry to hear that you are having subscription issues!

Please refer to this article if you're account is still showing Free after purchasing Premium from iTunes: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/104035913

I've escalated your issue in the support team and they will assist you with any further issues you have with upgrading :)

Thanks for the help getting Evernote support to look at this. I've now been contacted by Evernote support who said they had "manually upgraded this account to Premium while this is issue investigated". Unfortunately if I log out and back in in Chrome on Windows the account still says Free. I've advised support of this by mail yesterday, but the account still shows Free today. Actually iTunes support have been helpful, but point out don't have a lot of control over things on the developer end. It looks like this could be a long process, even before Evernote support can start their investigation.

Archived