Desktop, Web version, iPad, Android: Which is most popular version?

• Evernote Expert

To my knowledge, Its the IOS Version/Ipad Version.. which is the most feature rich, and in most cases, is the first to get almost all new features including the ones on Desktop..

• Level 5*

To my knowledge, Its the IOS Version/Ipad Version.. which is the most feature rich, and in most cases, is the first to get almost all new features including the ones on Desktop..

What is your basis for these assertions?  They are contrary to the facts as I understand them.

1. EN Win and EN Mac both have many features missing from the EN iOS app.
  2. While the EN iOS app obviously gets features that are based on its platform (like the new Camera features), my observation is that most new features that are common to all platforms first get implemented in the EN desktop clients.

For example:

1. Note links
    2. Full sharing
    3. Tables
    4. Natural language search
    5. Full text formatting (still not available in EN iOS)
    6. Tag Hierarchy (still not available in EN iOS)
    7. Stacks
    8. Web clipping
    9. and more
  • Level 5

A couple years ago, Evernote's CEO Phil Libin used to be very open with information on number of users, platforms, etc. In his podcasts, he often compared the size of Evernote users with the population of various countries around the world. He discussed the conversion rates from free to premium users.

He has been quiet in the past year or so.

• Evernote Expert

What is your basis for these assertions?  They are contrary to the facts as I understand them.

1. EN Win and EN Mac both have many features missing from the EN iOS app.
  2. While the EN iOS app obviously gets features that are based on its platform (like the new Camera features), my observation is that most new features that are common to all platforms first get implemented in the EN desktop clients.

For example:

1. Note links
    2. Full sharing
    3. Tables
    4. Natural language search
    5. Full text formatting (still not available in EN iOS)
    6. Tag Hierarchy (still not available in EN iOS)
    7. Stacks
    8. Web clipping
    9. and more

In hindsight, I do agree that the wording of my statement was incorrect. Off course, the DESKTOP versions have the most space, but amongst the Mobile Platforms like IOS, ANDROID, BLACKBERRY AND WINDOWS, IOS is certainly the most feature rich. ( I don't think any others have the Presentation Mode etc.) But in terms of Popularity, I think it has to be IOS. Sure, For a workflow, Windows is my most preferred machine, but it is so buggy and keeps freezing all the time, that it becomes a real pain to use. Until Windows 4, I used to have a smooth experience, but now, although many new features have come on Windows, it still contineus to keep freezing, unlike IOS. Lastly, I have no statistical data to prove what i say. It is based on user feedback on this forum, and my interpretation of what i have seen so far. 

Archived