Why is premium support so slow to respond to tickets?

I am a premium member, and the support used to be good. Now, though, I wait weeks for a response to problems. I reported a problem in late February that took 2 weeks to get a response, and I reported a problem last week that's now been 6 days without a response.

What is going on?

I have found chat support unhelpful for serious issues. It always ends up with them needing to open a support ticket, which just takes me back to waiting. Plus I have wasted all the time with chat. And people often don't read what you've already explained.

I have found chat support unhelpful for serious issues. It always ends up with them needing to open a support ticket, which just takes me back to waiting. Plus I have wasted all the time with chat. And people often don't read what you've already explained.

That's pretty much the same for most software support. Serious and/or more technical issues require escalation to the next tier. However, IMO, Evernote's support has pretty much hit the skids in that past couple of years. I don't know if it's due to financial or restructuring issues. But it's clear to long time users of this board that something has been going on for a while now at Evernote central.

• Level 5*

I am a premium member, and the support used to be good. Now, though, I wait weeks for a response to problems. I reported a problem in late February that took 2 weeks to get a response, and I reported a problem last week that's now been 6 days without a response.

What is going on?

@Dipper has a good suggestion, use Support Chat:

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CST. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

That's pretty much the same for most software support. Serious and/or more technical issues require escalation to the next tier. However, IMO, Evernote's support has pretty much hit the skids in that past couple of years. I don't know if it's due to financial or restructuring issues. But it's clear to long time users of this board that something has been going on for a while now at Evernote central.

I understand that technical issues can't be resolved in a chat session. I was responding to the people who think that having a "chat" feature is a substitute for offering real technical support. It's not. And to say that the serious issues aren't getting responded to in a timely fashion because all their reps are on Chat is just ridiculous.

When I googled "evernote support problems" to see if other people were experiencing this, I did come across a fairly recent thread on this forum about it. That one was for support for free members, though. I'm surprised that they are doing so poorly supporting the premium subscribers. And there have been a lot of problems lately. The program seems to keep getting buggier. And the sync keeps getting worse.

• Level 5*

I understand that technical issues can't be resolved in a chat session. I was responding to the people who think that having a "chat" feature is a substitute for offering real technical support. It's not.

In my experience, the quality of support is more dependent on the support people than on the means of support (chat vs email).

I've had both excellent and poor support from both means, not only with Evernote, but other tech companies as well.

The main advantage of support chat is that it gives you the opportunity to communicate right now, rather than waiting hours or days for a return email.  In general I have been very satisfied with the EN Support Chat.  If the tech I'm chatting with can't solve the issue, they have always been prompt in escalating my issue to someone who can.

If you are having trouble with EN Support, then post your EN Ticket# in these forums, and usually someone from Evernote will attempt to help resolve the issue.

Having said all that, I definitely agree that the Evernote support for Premium customers could be much better.

Archived