Save multiple scans individually

SimonH

Idea

Hi

I love Scannable, and it immediately found a spot on my iPhone home screen and I use it most every day. 

However, unless I'm missing something obvious (or not so obvious) which is entirely possible I can't see a way in which multiple scans in Scannable can be saved one at a time to EN - it saves everything sitting there in a multi-page PDF. I mostly use Scannable for one off single page scans and I'd love to be able to select and save a scan one image at a time. 

Thanks

Simon

10 replies to this idea

Thanks. My preference would be PDF. I rarely save scans as images unless it's a scan of a photo. Of course, being greedy, the ideal would be to have a choice, either with a default and the option to change, or a check box option at the point of upload.

I have a similar problem.  I have not been able to work out how to give separate names to individual documents or groups of documents once scanned, and to separate them out for forwarding to EN.  They seem to end up with the same name regardless of whether they are ticked or not.

I agree, and have the same confusion. Even more, I find it is not straight forward even to properly save individual scans. Often, two pages, unrelated, become one note in EN.

I'm accustomed to this process being much easier (as in Scanbot)

Reviving this thread as I’ve been looking everywhere for a solution without success.

I would like to use Scannable to scan and upload many individual invoices and statements, but as it stands today you have to save each scan in Evernote individually — a tedious and time-wasting proposition.

Am I missing something?

Best case would be to have an option to save to Evernote as a single file or multiple individual files, in either JPG or PDF (if only one file type possible, then I would choose PDF).

As for file naming (which I’m guessing is the trickiest part about uploading as multiple individual files), I recommend allowing the user the option to provide one name, to which Scannable would append three numerical digits progressively from “001” to “999”. If given the choice, allowing the user to select the number of digits and separator to be appended would be nice (ie. “1” or “01” or “001” or “_1” or “_01” or “_001” or etc.)

Thoughts or advice?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, martinonymous said:

but as it stands today you have to save each scan in Evernote individually — a tedious and time-wasting proposition.

Am I missing something?

I'm not sure where the "tedious and time-wasting" comes in

For each receipt; I click to end the scan, review, click to save.

During the review, I can assign a filename.  I usually just let it default to "Scannable Document" and clean up  when I'm processing my inbox

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

I'm not sure where the "tedious and time-wasting" comes in

For each receipt; I click to end the scan, review, click to save.

During the review, I can assign a filename.  I usually just let it default to "Scannable Document" and clean up  when I'm processing my inbox

It becomes tedious to have to save each scan individually (if you want one PDF file per scan, which is my preference). I would prefer to scan multiple pages and save only once to the notebook of my choice, with the output being an individual PDF file for each page (each page is a separate invoice/statement).

Has this idea been developed yet?  I also use this to scan in receipts and the ability to scan multiple receipts and then save them as separate files in one go at the end would save a huge amount of time and effort, it's a no brainer!!  I very rarely post in forums but this feature would make an already great product, insanely great.

I'm having this problem too. I scanned a doc in scannable the other day and it sent it to Evernote. all good. today I scanned 8 separate docs, and altho I need them all for one thing, they're definitively separate docs. However, they all uploaded to the SAME note. I converted the PNG to PDF and downloaded the pdf, thinking "I'll just open it in acrobat & separate the pages there" but.... it saved as a ONE page PDF. all these docs have been squished into one "document" which has one page, and so each separate doc can't be extracted individually.

This is pretty frustrating - the initial scan was 2 weeks ago. Should it not be obvious that things I scan on different occasions may not belong to the same single page doc? That seems self evident to me. 

I agree with the poster above that mentioned tediousness - it is super convenient to just keep scanning as you put the docs through the scanner. To have to stop and rename and individuate each one between scans is a step that (a) is tedious and (b) makes no sense. 

And that's before you get into the fact that new scans are added to old scans, and in such a way that you can't separate them even if they're weeks apart and totally unrelated. It's weird.

I agree with Martinonymous:

"I would like to use Scannable to scan and upload many individual invoices and statements, but as it stands today you have to save each scan in Evernote individually — a tedious and time-wasting proposition."

We need this workflow in scannable:

• scan a bunch of different single or multi-page docs at once
  • check-select the page(s) comprising an individual doc
  • select pdf or png
  • name the doc
  • save to EN or elsewhere
  • rinse and repeat for remaining docs

Archived