Creating and formatting forms?

I want to Evernote as a database. I've been looking at KustomNote as a way to create a form for making new entries. It is perfect in most ways, in particular it allows auto tagging of certain fields and drop down lists to formalise certain fields. But it's huge flaw is there is no way to control the format of the notes it produces in EN and its output is not streamlined enough for what I want.

So my questions, is there a way to use conditional formatting or macros in EN or something similar to auto-format the notes produced by KN?

Is it possible to create a template in EN that auto-tags fields based on field input? Can you insert drop-down selectable lists in EN? 

Unfortunately, the answer is a dull "no" to all three of your questions.

Evernote does not do auto anything within the note body itself. Evernote has smart filing/tagging, which pertains to the note as a whole... There is no "auto tagging of fields" within a note. There is no drop-down anything of any sort within a note... even with formatted fields pasted into Evernote.

It would be best to import documents such as Excel directly into Evernote for your use case.

• Level 5*

I want to Evernote as a database. I've been looking at KustomNote as a way to create a form for making new entries. It is perfect in most ways, in particular it allows auto tagging of certain fields and drop down lists to formalise certain fields. But it's huge flaw is there is no way to control the format of the notes it produces in EN and its output is not streamlined enough for what I want.

So my questions, is there a way to use conditional formatting or macros in EN or something similar to auto-format the notes produced by KN?

Is it possible to create a template in EN that auto-tags fields based on field input? Can you insert drop-down selectable lists in EN? 

You don't state which EN client you're using, but if it is EN Mac, then you might be able to create an AppleScript to process saved Notes to do what you have requested.  It would not be easy, so you'll have to decide if it is worth the effort.

You don't state which EN client you're using, but if it is EN Mac, then you might be able to create an AppleScript to process saved Notes to do what you have requested.  It would not be easy, so you'll have to decide if it is worth the effort.

Sorry, it's a PC I'll be primarily using. It sounds like KustomNote is the best option. It does the tagging I need perfectly, I'll just need to manually reformat the notes.

Archived