Evernote for iOS v7.7.1 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

Earlier today we released Evernote for iOS 7.7.1, and it should be available to everyone in the App Store shortly.

This is primarily a bug fix release that contains:

• iOS 8.3 bug fixes
    • The Customize Home Screen settings screen is fixed and usable again
    • Tapping to focus the camera in manual mode camera will no longer automatically capture an image
  • Camera change to remember the last used settings
    • After using the camera, the app will now remember auto/manual mode, flash/torch mode, and front- or rear-facing mode settings
  • Apple Watch bug fixes
    • We're eagerly awaiting the release of the Apple Watch on April 24th and fixed a few bugs with this release

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

13 replies to this idea

App freezes when using camera. Document is framed with green box, with "Capturing" spinning endlessly. No response from Cancel option or any other on-screen options. Must close app and remove from active apps in order to try again. Same problem repeatedly.

iPhone 6

iOS 8.3

Evernote 7.7.1

The EN support answer me about crash when use document camera. First the guy said me that my iPhone 4S is too poor of resurces for EN requests. After that they said me that they works hardly to solve this issue ( not bug) ...

They say this since they upgrade EN in august or september 2013. And it is no way to turn back at the previous ver.

To bypass this issue i'm using :

1 tap on photo mode to take the picture. Be sure to be in photo mode camera

2 tap camera button to take the picture(s)

3 tap on the miniature

4 tap document mode from menu

5 tap crop if the autodetect take wrong margins

6 tap save the doc

Good done EN

Hi All,

After posting about this problem last night I was thinking that it felt like a memory problem on the device rather than the software.

This morning I've cycled the power on  my phone and hey presto the issue is fixed.

Hope this helps others - Please post if it works for you.

Kind Regards,

~Robert.
  • Level 5

Hi All,

After posting about this problem last night I was thinking that it felt like a memory problem on the device rather than the software.

This morning I've cycled the power on  my phone and hey presto the issue is fixed.

Hope this helps others - Please post if it works for you.

Kind Regards,

~Robert.

Hi Robert,

I'm sorry to hear about your (and others') issues with the camera crashing.

While we continue to investigate crashing issues, we have seen that rebooting your device will get most users' devices back to a "happy" state with the camera functioning as it should. We have also noticed that when devices are in a "crashy" state, other apps that use the camera will likely crash as well (with a notable exception of the native Camera app). We'll continue troubleshooting this and hope to have some fixes out very soon.

Cheers,

Chuck

Boy, am I sorry I updated to the current version. The previous one was perfect.

I mainly take scans of old, historic documents, which have faint handwriting and yellowed pages. The black/white scans put too much light on the object and make the page background white and the handwriting or even typewriter letters are too faint to read. The color documents scans also throw too much light on the object so that the delicate handwriting cannot be read. I would rather have the background gray than to have a pretty white in which the words cannot be read.

Another problem is that after I type in the Note Title and take the camera photo or scan, the entire image disappears - poof. After opening EN again, I see the note title, Notebook, and any Tags, but the scanned image is gone, blank space.

Can anyone tell me how to revert to a previous version? Thank you.

• Level 5*

If you have a backup of your iOS device with the prior Evernote app in iTunes, you may be able to restore to it.

Do a Google on "revert to prior version of ios app" for more info.

Archived