"Mark Up Entire Note As PDF" => Where to access this feature?

Carlos Cadu

Hi,

This is a quotation from the book "Evernote Success" from Jason Frasca:

A picture is worth a 1,000 words and Mark Up This Note brings a picture to your Notes. It is a fast way to visually communicate how you feel about a Note. To get started click the icon, and then click the “Mark Up Entire Note As

PDF” button. Your Note is sent to the built in Skitch editor, Evernote’s super handy Screen Capture and stamping tool. A copy is made of your Note, and it is turned into a PDF for annotation.

From the Evernote Windows I tried to find out all means - without success - to "Mark Up Entire Note As PDF". I am considering in this case a regular text note could be converted to PDF just using Evernote/Skitch.

Where to access this feature?

Many thanks,

Cadu 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Jason Frasca is actually rather good at Evernote,  but books suffer from being printed - Evernote has probably updated all the apps several times since it came out.  Plus I think this might be a Mac only feature.  The 'Annotate' button may be what he's referring to,  but in Windows there's no PDF option.  You can print to PDF provided your device has a PDF printer installed,  but that's something external to Evernote.  In this case I don't think we Windows users have access to this...

• 1 month later...

Well, this one confused me as to why one would need a PDF to mark up what is evidently only an IMAGE - which you can simply capture and annotate (<Win+Printscreen>).  It's a conceptual challenge as to why you would want to do that or when. It's basically no different than any screen clip - seems. Yes?

• Level 5*

Actually PDFs can be many things:  an image, an image + text overlay,  or just OCR'd text.  Images alone are pure wysiwyg - one flat picture containing all content for one page.  PDF's are more flexible - they can contain hundreds of pages and different picture and text layers.  I'd guess (no actual knowledge here) that the 'convert to PDF' option sets up an extra layer/ layers for the annotations.

Hmm.  Maybe someone here can confirm if it's something fancy. Never seen that before, have you? Sounds interesting, but, why would you want that instead of clip? "How you feel about a note" is nebulosity at its finest...!

• Level 5*

JF might have been ahead of the trend - we're apparently now using emoticons to communicate more than actual words;  read that recently but wasn't interested enough to Evernote it so can't give you a reference.

It is a fact that purely typed communications can have effects that the writers (probably) didn't intend - just browse around any forum for ample evidence of that.

Offence can easily be taken at what was (or might have been) intended as a joke.  Depends on both parties' maturity,  culture and caffeine level at the time.

So a well-placed :wacko:  or :o might be the best response as an opinion on a new layout,  rather than anything more descriptive..

Archived