Evernote for Mac 6.0.9 Beta 2 Released

SoftwareMarcus

Idea

Today we shipped Evernote for Mac 6.0.9 Beta 2.  This release builds on the product improvements we added in 6.0.9 Beta and adds more performance improvements and crash fixes.  Another nice surprise is Apple has fixed the tag issue where hitting a dash would auto-complete the tag so there was no way to enter in tags with dashes.  This was a Yosemite only issue and Apple fixed it in 10.10.3.

As reminder the previous fixes we added in 6.0.9 are:
  • Continued note editing performance improvements.  This is a pretty big change so please try editing notes, undoing text, and copying and pasting between notes and other applications.  Let us know if there are any issues.  
  • Fixed issue where dragging Apple mail into Evernote would fail to become an attachment.
  • Fixed an Evernote clipper issue where taking screenshots with multiple monitors would sometimes result in the wrong part of the screen getting clipped.
  • Fixed an issue where iWork apps dragged from iCloud drive weren’t able to be edited.
  • Fixed an issue where iWork previews were blurry.
  • Improved copy and paste with images support to Gmail and a number of other apps.  This works for Chrome but there are still issues when using Safari.
  • Fixed the audio note interface and reliability.
  • Fixed an issue where attachments weren’t remembering their view inline or close state.

New features include
  • Improved work chat interface - now with a new streamlined chat list, chat bubbles and message grouping.
  • For business users we now separate Business and Personal notebooks on the sidebar.

New Notebook View
In this release the new notebook view is on by default but we’ve added a checkbox under Preferences\Software Update to easily turn the feature off and on.  We have not made any updates to the interface since 6.0.9 Beta 1 or 6.0.8.  There are only bug fixes. Here’s a link to the new notebook view forum post to have an open discussion about the feature.

You can download the beta from: http://bit.ly/1Ptbd61.  

Thanks again for helping the Evernote Mac community. 

10 replies to this idea

As reminder the previous fixes we added in 6.0.9 are:

• Continued note editing performance improvements.  This is a pretty big change so please try editing notes, undoing text, and copying and pasting between notes and other applications.  Let us know if there are any issues.  

The problem still exists in this Beta 2 version. Just now I was editing some text: typing in some characters, indenting a bullet and pasting a URL. What should have happened in about 1s took 10s!

• Level 5
  • Fixed an issue where attachments weren’t remembering their view inline or close state.

Hello Marcus,

Unfortunately, in the latest MAC beta I still have problems with attachments: wrong context menu, wrong display as inline when clipping a PDF despite a different setting in Evernote and PDF attachments changing their state from attachment to inline when switching notes or closing and opening Evernote.

It seem that the problems don't occure as often as before but still in many ofmy notes and pretty often.

Tables seem to be my testing area on these Beta's, so I will continue to focus on that and others.

ISSUE:

• If you have a table 2 x 2 (for example) and populate all rows / columns.
  • Moving the size of the first column seems OK, text changes to the re-size.
  • Now move the second column to shrink or re-size.  All seems OK...
  • Try change the size of the first column again... I hope you can't, because I can't..

It seems that the first row re-size is locked out the minute you adjust column 2.  I guess it would be the same for any amount..?

I tried this with a 3 x 3 and it is the very same, you can re-size column 1 and then column 2 and then column 3, but when you adjust column 3 you loose the ability to re-size column 1 and 2.

LIGHT BULB!

I exit the note and sync, go back in and you have focus on column 1 and 2, until you touch the 3rd column...  I don't think this is normal behaviour.

This behaviour used to happen with annotation, where you would loose focus once you annotated anything.

• Level 5*

Today we shipped Evernote for Mac 6.0.9 Beta 2.  This release builds on the product improvements we added in 6.0.9 Beta and adds more performance improvements and crash fixes. 

Marcus,

Do you expect to release a new 6.0.9 production version soon, or will you go to another beta first?

These threads are getting ever so quiet... I must admit that I have downloaded OneNote and so far my testing is going well.  I am not here to bash Evernote, but it is simply missing what it set out to do.  The pain of having to stay with the troubles is getting, well - too much.  OneNote is pain free, easy enough to use when you break the hump and doesn't suffer what we have seen with EN over the past, what year?

As a Beta tester, we highlight issues and it seems even EN have stopped listening?

Archived