Sharing content with non-EN users

• Level 5*

What's the best way to share content with non-EN users who aren't interested in signing up for an EN account?

The two types of content I'm most interested in being able to share are text and pictures (document snaps). Obviously I can copy/paste text from a note into an email. And save a document pic or pdf to a file and email the file. But wondering if there's a more streamlined method, thanks.

• Level 5*

Email the note?

Thanks, I didn't realize that was an option! I've only used the 'share note' option before and didn't look closely enough to see the 'send a copy' option.
  • Level 5*

You can also create a public URL and send to recipient.

In EN Mac 6.0.6, right-click on a Note in the Note list, click "More Sharing", click "Copy Public Link".

EN Win should be something similar.

When the recipient clicks on this link, it opens a browser window to the Note, but does NOT require an EN account.

See EN KB article:  

create a public link (URL) for that note
  • 9 months later...

I am on a Mac.  I answered my own question by going to main menu dropdown.  I found  Notes> More Sharing > Email a Copy.  But this is not an ideal solution for my use case because it appears to be sent from a generic Evernote email sender; e.g. "no reply@evernote".  I want my recipients to be able to reply.  I noticed that I could use the cc function but this seems a little messy.

• Level 5*

For me it at least has my name in front of the "no reply".  Probably hard for EN to use my service's email domain to send the email though. Need of a reply may require creating the email yourself.

I use Evernote Premium on several platforms but mostly on my new iMac. I had been sending content to people all the time by right clicking on a Note... More Sharing... eMail a Copy.  This had worked great for me for a long time. However, now it seems that the recipients do not receive my notes. I even have been cc'ing myself and I do not even revceive a copy anymore. I have checked my Junk/Spam Folders. It just seems like the eMail a Note function has stopped working. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something I am missing?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Chris Shields said:

I use Evernote Premium on several platforms but mostly on my new iMac.
. . .
. It just seems like the eMail a Note function has stopped working. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something I am missing?

If "EMail a copy" no longer works for you on a consistent basis, then you might try:

1. Simple reinstall of the EN Mac app
    See  How do I uninstall and reinstall Evernote [App]?
  2. If that doesn't work, contact Evernote via EN Chat, since you are a premium account owner

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CST, but only for Premium or Business users. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Chris Shields said:

It just seems like the eMail a Note function has stopped working. Has anyone else experienced this?

Just tested it - its working for me.

Correction: I cc'd myself
The cc worked. however the the to address email seems lost.

Thank you Guru, I checked in my Apple Mail and did not see anything in Junk. But then I logged onto GMail in a Web browser and found a Spam Folder containing my cc'd messages that I had been sending out of Evernote and not receiving.  It turns out that my Evernote messages are turning up in Junk and Spam Folders for my Recipients too.  Very frustrating as this is a recent development (for my experience) It used to be that whenever I sent notes out of Evernote, they went through.  Now do I have to call anyone I am sending a message to from Evernote, and ask them to check their Spam Folders? This is going to get tedious. :(

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Chris Shields said:

Now do I have to call anyone I am sending a message to from Evernote, and ask them to check their Spam Folders? This is going to get tedious.

I would NOT use the Evernote "Send by email" with anyone, except myself, because:

1. It is very unreliable
  2. You don't get any non-delivery notices
  3. The recipient can't reply

My primary method could be to copy/paste into my normal email client, which is Outlook for me.

If you need to do this routinely, you can setup a macro app that will do the copy/paste for you:

Archived