How choose notebook and tags in Web Clipper 6.0

Nathan T

My web clipper recently updated to version 6, and I can't seem to figure out how to choose the notebook and tags for a clip.  It used to be that the dialog would allow you to select both, but now the only options relate to the format of the clip, not where to put it.  If I click on the Options button at the bottom of the dialog, I can set the default notebook and tags for all clips, but I don't see anywhere to set them for the particular clip being taken.

Was this ability removed?  If so, why?  If not, could you help me find it? Thanks.

Edit: additional info.  I tried turning off 'smart filing' in the options dialog, but there is no change.  (And with the old web clipper, I had smart filing on, and it helpfully preset tags, but I still had the ability to change them.)  Also, I notice I can't select the "Always start in" option for Notebook.  Both the radio button and select box are non-functional.

Hi Nathan,

It sounds to me that you have set the Clipper to clip notes to your desktop client which doesn't have notebook and tags selection options in the Clipper UI.

Please check the options page and look at what setting you have for 'Send clips to' and make sure it is set to 'Evernote Web' and not to 'Evernote desktop'.

Let me know if that helps. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/9/2015 at 4:10 AM, jbignert said:

Hi Nathan,

It sounds to me that you have set the Clipper to clip notes to your desktop client which doesn't have notebook and tags selection options in the Clipper UI.

Please check the options page and look at what setting you have for 'Send clips to' and make sure it is set to 'Evernote Web' and not to 'Evernote desktop'.

Let me know if that helps. 

I'm using Evernote Web Clipper 6.10.3 for Chrome and can't find the "Send clips to" option.

I see:

Notebook selection - use smart filing/last used notebook/always start in

Tag selection - use smart filing/always tag with

Default clip action - last used action/always start in

After clip - show successful clip dialog/without Related notes/automatically close Clipper

Related results - show evernote content related to my web searches

PDF page button - show save to evernote button on PDF pages

Archived