Required Font?

When I try to open the Evernote app on my Mac running OS X, I get an error message that says "Missing required fonts...please add or enable these fonts or the app may crash". But since it won't open at all, I can't even try to add the faults.  Actual error msg here.

Can anyone help?

• Level 5*

@CathyW:

At this point you might try reinstalling the Evernote app.

Move the Evernote.app to Mac Trash, and redownload/reinstall Evernote Mac from you original install source (Evernote.com or Mac App Store)

• Level 5*

@CathyW:

If all of your Notes have been sync'd, then they are in the EN Cloud, and can be sync'd/downloaded into any EN client.

The ONLY possibility of losing Notes is if they are in Local Notebooks on your Mac, or if you have Notes that have NOT been sync'd.

I highly recommend the Evernote Direct Download (DirectDL) version available at Evernote.com.  The App Store version always lags the release of the DirectDL, and has recently had issues/bugs NOT in the DirectDL version.

• 3 months later...

Found a solution!!! I downloaded the 4 caecilias fonts showed in the error message and copied directly to Machintosh HD/System/Library/Fonts and voilá! now evernote worked as before the upgrade to El Capitan. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Archived